We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Black currant Skazka is a variety of Ukrainian selection that has spread in Russia and neighboring countries. Among the advantages, gardeners distinguish excellent yield, good taste and attractive presentation of the berries. Bushes can be grown in central Russia, even without shelter for the winter.
Black currant Skazka is a little-known variety obtained by crossing the varieties of Sanyut and Ojebin. V.P. Kopan took part in the work. and Kopan K.M. (IS, UANN, Ukraine). The variety has several names (in Russian and Ukrainian):
The culture is not included in the register of breeding achievements of the Russian Federation. There is evidence that it was originally registered in 2006. For 2020, the currant Fairy Tale does not appear in the register.
The culture was bred specifically for the climatic conditions of the forest-steppe and woodland. Therefore, it can be cultivated in Ukraine, Belarus, as well as in central Russia, in the Black Earth Region and in the southern regions. In the steppe zone, the bushes need additional watering and irrigation of the crown.
Description of the currant variety Fairy tale
The description of the litter says that the culture produces vigorous (150–160 cm) bushes with a fairly spreading and dense crown. Bunches are short, dense. The main characteristics of currant berries of the Skazka variety:
- large - average weight from 1.8 to 2.3 g, sometimes up to 3.0 g;
- round shape;
- classic black coloring;
- the surface is glossy, with a shine;
- the skin is firm and not too thick;
- separation is dry;
- the flesh is usually brownish in color, juicy;
- the taste is sweet and sour, balanced (8 points out of 10).
According to the results of the analysis, the following pulp composition was established:
- dry matter - up to 13.5%;
- pectins - 1.0%
- sugar in total - 8.5%;
- acids - 2.4%;
- phenols - more than 320 mg per 100 g;
- vitamin C - up to 200 mg per 100 g.
Black currant variety Skazka adapts well to the climatic conditions of the middle zone - forest-steppe and steppe. Differs in normal winter hardiness and immunity, so the culture can be bred in different regions.
Drought tolerance, winter hardiness
Black currant Fairy tale moderately hardy
In the middle lane, adult bushes can hibernate without shelter. Young seedlings are best mulched. When grown in other regions (North-West, Ural, Siberia), shelter is required. Resistance to drought is average - during the dry period, currants need weekly watering (1-2 buckets per bush). Otherwise, the berries may bake in the sun or become smaller.
Pollination, flowering period and ripening times
On the plot next to the Skazka currant, it is advisable to plant other varieties, as well as flowers to attract bees and other pollinators. The variety is medium late. Flowering lasts from late June to early July. The main fruiting occurs in the first half of August.
Important! Berries of the black currant Skazka have a fairly dense skin.
Therefore, they can be kept in the refrigerator for several weeks and transported over long distances.
Productivity and fruiting
The yield of the Skazka black currant is 5–6 kg from 1 bush. With industrial cultivation, up to 18 tons are harvested from 1 hectare, which is a fairly good indicator. Fruiting goes on in unison, in one wave. The separation of the berries from the petioles is dry, so it is convenient to harvest the crop both manually and mechanically.
Disease and pest resistance
In the description of the black currant variety Tale, it is indicated that the variety is sufficiently resistant to fungal diseases. However, there is no evidence of immunity to kidney mites and other pests. Therefore, it is recommended to carry out 1-2 preventive fungicide treatments in the spring:
- Bordeaux liquid;
Insecticides will help to cope with insects:
- Green Soap;
- "Fufanon" and others.
Instead of chemicals, Tale black currant bushes can also be treated with folk remedies - a solution of mustard, a decoction of marigold flowers, an infusion of wood ash with laundry soap, onion husks, ammonia and others.
Advice! processing of currant bushes Fairy Tale is carried out late in the evening, preferably in calm and dry weather.
Advantages and disadvantages
Blackcurrant Skazka has a pleasant taste and high yield. The variety has other advantages, thanks to which it has become popular in Russia and in neighboring countries.
Black currant Skazka gives large, sweet berries of a presentation
- consistently high yield;
- pleasant taste;
- good transportability;
- long keeping quality;
- the presence of immunity to fungal diseases;
- adaptability to the climate of the middle zone;
- amicable maturation;
- dry separation;
- the crown is moderately spreading.
- may suffer from insects;
- not very suitable for growing in the Urals and Siberia;
- ripening terms are late;
- not very drought tolerant.
Features of planting and care
Planting the black currant Skazka is scheduled for early October. If the seedlings are purchased in the spring, they can be planted from April to May. The site must be open, well lit, sheltered from the wind and dry (not in a lowland). The optimal soil type is light loam. If the soil is depleted, a few months before planting, compost or humus is introduced into it in a bucket of 2 m2.
Black currant Tale is responsive to regular watering and feeding (2-3 times per season)
Before planting, the site is cleaned and several holes are marked with a depth of 50-60 cm at a distance of 1.5 m. The sequence of actions is as follows:
- Skazka blackcurrant seedlings are immersed in a growth stimulant solution for several hours (Epin, Heteroauxin, Zircon).
- Planted in the pits obliquely, at an angle of 45 degrees.
- Sprinkle with fertile soil mixed with peat and compost (2: 1: 1).
- Tamp down a little and watered abundantly.
- After 2-3 weeks, fill up the earth. In this case, the root collar of the plant should remain at a depth of 5–7 cm.
- For the winter, be sure to water it, then lay a layer of mulch (straw, hay, sawdust, peat or other material).
To grow a beautiful and healthy currant bush Fairy Tale (pictured), the description of the variety indicates that it is necessary to follow the standard rules of agricultural technology:
- Provide regular watering twice a month. In drought, moisten weekly (1-2 buckets of warm, settled water, depending on the age of the bush).
- Apply fertilizer 3 times every year from the second season after planting. In April, ammonium nitrate (40 g per 10 l) is applied, in mid-June - complex fertilizer (for example, azofoska) in the same amount, and at the end of September - a pinch of wood ash. Also for the winter planting of black currant Tale can be mulched with rotted manure.
- Periodically, the land needs to be weeded, weeds removed. After watering or heavy rain, the soil must be loosened to prevent the formation of a dense crust.
- In the middle lane, it is not necessary to insulate the bushes for the winter. In regions with more frosty winters, the currants are covered with burlap, which is fixed at the base of the bush.
- Pruning is carried out as needed: sanitary every spring, forming in April or autumn (during the first 3-4 years of life).
Black currant Skazka is an interesting, although not very well-known variety of black currant. Recommended for growing both experienced and novice gardeners. Produces a stable yield even with minimal maintenance.
Alla Petrovna, 59 years old, Samara
Relatives from Ukraine advised me to currant Skazka. They have it growing in every yard. I gladly agreed, because for a long time I wanted to experiment with different varieties. Planted 3 years ago, harvested the first crop. The berries are really big and sweet. I just water the bush. I gave a mullein a couple of times. Care is not very difficult, so the variety is suitable for beginners.
Irina Sergeevna, 45 years old, Voronezh
About currants Tale heard that this is a Ukrainian variety. We have it growing on a site from the old owner of the dacha. Bushes are very strong and tall. There were no illnesses. They feel normal in the heat. Fruiting remarkably: we always collect a bucket from two bushes. The berries are delicious, suitable for winter harvesting. It is best to grind with sugar, so there are more vitamins.