We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Blackthorn jam with seeds for the winter is a very useful treat for the body, containing a large amount of important trace elements and vitamins. Despite the fact that the fruits of this plant are not often used by housewives, there are a lot of recipes for preparing different dishes from it. Thorn jam has a tart, pleasant and delicious taste. It can be prepared with the addition of various berries and fruits, used as an independent dish, as a base for fruit drinks or compotes, and also as a filling for confectionery.
Blackthorn jam for the winter can be supplemented with other berries or fruits
Recommendations for making thorn jam
It is not difficult to make blackthorn jam with seeds, there are a lot of ways, therefore, among all the variety, each housewife will be able to choose the most suitable option for herself. The delicacy turns out to be fragrant and tasty, it is liked by both children and adults, moreover, it is very useful. Some people use it as a cure for gastrointestinal diseases, as a means to cleanse the blood and raise immunity. In winter, such a dessert is especially useful because it has an excellent anti-inflammatory effect, helps to fight the signs of colds and flu.
When starting to prepare thorn delicacies for the winter, it should be borne in mind that there are several varieties of this berry in nature. Each variety has its own characteristics: taste, astringency, sweetness, cooking time. For jam, hybrid plant species are better suited, the berries of which are softer and sweeter than wild ones. But even they have a dense structure, and in order to release the required amount of juice, they must be infused under sugar before cooking (the longer, the better). Another feature of blackthorn fruit is that it should not be overexposed during cooking. Otherwise, it may not turn out fragrant jam, but tasteless mashed potatoes. Regardless of the recipe, when preparing a sloe dessert for the winter, you should follow these rules:
- It is better to cook the berries whole, with seeds, so they will not be able to boil too much.
- For those who prefer fruits without the peel, it is better to remove it by pouring boiling water over the thorn.
- The berries of the plant are late and early. To determine the degree of their maturity, you should pay attention to the shell. The rind should be blue-black.
Advice! The blackthorn fruit should be infused with sugar until it is wrinkled.
Selection and preparation of berries
Sloe for making jam for the winter can only be used ripe, without signs of spoilage or rot. Dark skin and slightly pink pliable flesh are considered to be an indicator of high-quality fruits. Overripe and overly soft berries will not go to jam, it is better to choose hard and slightly unripe specimens. If they are very small, then it is advisable to supplement them with other ingredients: hardy, apples, pears, ordinary plums. Before using, the thorns should be washed and sorted very well, while removing the berries even with the slightest signs of spoilage, then let the fruits dry. If the recipe provides for the separation of the pulp from the skin, then in order to facilitate this process, you should douse the berries with hot water. After that, the peel is much easier to remove.
For blackthorn jam with seeds, take unripe fruits
To cook a thorn delicacy for the winter, you should prepare all the necessary utensils in advance. During the cooking process, you will need an enamel pan with thick walls and a bottom, a wooden spoon or scoop, and a seaming wrench. The containers, where after cooking it will be necessary to lay out the jam, should be glass, without chips or cracks. Before use, they must be thoroughly washed and sterilized over steam or in the oven. The lids are treated in the same way.
How to make pitted sloe jam
To make blackthorn jam with seeds for the winter, you need to have some skills. There are no particular difficulties with the procedure, but some skill and knowledge will still be needed. The dessert is the easiest to prepare with seeds; the classic recipe provides for the following set of products:
- 1 kg of blackthorn;
- 1 kg of granulated sugar;
- half a liter of water.
- Rinse the thorn thoroughly, sort out, let dry.
- Pour water into a saucepan, dilute sugar in it, bring to a boil.
- Place the berries in the syrup and leave them in it for 24 hours.
- The next day, take out the thorns, bring the nectar to a boil.
- Put the main component in a saucepan, cook for a quarter of an hour, removing the resulting foam.
- Pour the finished jam into sterilized containers, close, store until winter.
Advice! Dense thorns are best chopped before use.
Thorn jam for the winter during the cooking process should be infused throughout the day
A simple recipe for five-minute jam
Using this technology, a treat for the winter is prepared easily and quickly. The recipe allows you to keep the maximum of nutrients in the dish.
- turn - 2000 g;
- granulated sugar - 2400 g;
- water - 2 glasses.
- Wash, sort, dry the berries.
- Fold them in an even layer in a saucepan with a thick bottom.
- Pour sugar on top.
- Repeat the procedure several times.
- Pour the food with water, put on a low heat, cook for five minutes from the moment of boiling.
- Put in sterile jars, roll up, remove before winter.
Important! When sprinkling the blackthorn with sand, you need to make sure that it covers each berry.
Five minutes of thorns can be stored in a cold cellar for up to five years
Recipe for thorn jam with seeds and apples
It is better to add apples to thorn jam with seeds of autumn, juicy varieties. Then it will have a richer taste.
For cooking you will need:
- apples - 1 kg;
- turn - 1kg;
- sugar - 2 kg.
- Peel the apples, stalks and seeds, cut into slices.
- Combine prepared blackthorn with sugar and apple pieces.
- Put the mixture on the stove and cook for about 40 minutes.
- Arrange the finished jam in sterile containers, roll up for the winter.
If the mass during cooking is too thick, it is allowed to add a little water to it.
Recipe for thorns jam with seeds in a slow cooker
Jam from wild plum with seeds for the winter can be cooked in a slow cooker. This makes the whole process much easier. Such jam does not run away and does not burn, moreover, it languishes perfectly.
- blackthorn - 1.5 kg;
- sugar - 2 kg;
- water - 100 ml.
Step by step recipe:
- Put the blackthorn processed according to the instructions in the multicooker bowl.
- Pour sugar on top and pour in water, mix.
- Let the mixture stand for a couple of hours.
- Switch the appliance to the "Stew / soup" mode.
- After the sound signal, put the hot jam in jars and close, store until winter.
In a multicooker, a sloe delicacy is the easiest to cook.
Blackthorn Jam with Pits and Orange
The taste of thorn jam for the winter with the addition of oranges comes out very interesting.
For the recipe you need to take:
- sloe - 1500 g;
- sugar - 2000 g;
- oranges - 1000 g.
- Rinse the oranges under running water, wipe dry, remove the peel, disassemble and remove the seeds.
- Grate the zest on a fine grater.
- Prepare the sloe as for other recipes.
- Put a layer of the main ingredient on the bottom of the cooking container, then sugar and orange slices, sprinkle with zest.
- Leave the jam in this form for at least 10 hours.
- Stir the mixture, bring to a boil, cook for a quarter of an hour.
- When hot, pack the dessert in prepared containers.
Blackthorn jam with pits and orange tart, with a subtle sourness
Blackthorn jam with cherry leaves
Cherry leaves will give the sloe jam for the winter an interesting flavor and bright aroma, the main thing is not to overdo it with their addition.
For the recipe you will need:
- blackthorn with seeds - 0.6 kg;
- water - 0.1 l;
- sugar - 0.8 kg;
- cherry leaves - 10-12 pcs.
- Rinse the cherry foliage thoroughly, place in water, boil for half an hour, then fish it out of the pan.
- Pour 300 g of sugar into the broth, make a syrup.
- Add washed thorns and cook for 20 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove the jam from the heat, add the rest of the sugar, stir, pour into a pasteurized dish.
The more cherry leaves you put in the blackthorn jam, the more astringent its taste will become.
Blackthorn jam with cherry plum
Cherry plum, added to thorn jam, gives it unusual notes and enriches it with vitamins.
- blackthorn - 1.5 kg;
- red or yellow cherry plum - 1.5 kg;
- nuts - 0.5 kg;
- granulated sugar - 1.5 kg.
- Wash the cherry plum, separate from the seeds.
- Peel the nuts, rinse with water, dry well.
- Rinse the turn, sort it out.
- Place the fruits in a cooking container, cover them with sugar, after three hours put them on the stove.
- As the jam begins to boil, add nuts to it, remove from heat after 15 minutes.
- Pour into sterile jars, store until winter.
It is better to lay out the dessert in small containers so that it is eaten at a time.
How to store jam
Subject to the storage rules, thorn jam with seeds, prepared for the winter, can stand up to three years. It is important that the place designated for it is cool, dark, with moderate humidity and without a sharp temperature drop. It is best if the jam will be stored in a cellar, refrigerator, or dry basement.
Blackthorn jam with seeds for the winter is a delicious preparation that anyone can make. The methods for its preparation are very easy, and the products that make up the delicacies are very affordable. There are many recipes for thorn jam, it can be prepared with or without seeds, with the addition of fruits, berries, nuts, citrus peel, as well as various spices (cinnamon, vanilla, cloves). Blackthorn is distinguished by its characteristic astringency, therefore, it is allowed to adjust the amount of sugar in the recipes at your discretion.