We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Pine belongs to the conifers of the Pine family (Pinaceae), it is distinguished by a variety of shapes and characteristics. Transplanting a tree does not always go smoothly. In order to competently plant a pine tree from the forest on a site, certain rules must be followed. They are due to the biological characteristics and nuances of pine development. Negligence or failure to comply with certain points leads to the death of the seedling. To prevent this from happening, you should strictly adhere to the timing and algorithm of planting, competently dig up the ephedra, transport it to the site, take care of it.
Features of planting pine from the forest on the site
Transplanting a plant from the forest leads to a change in the conditions for its development. Therefore, excessive stress often leads to the death of small pines. In order for the event to go as well as possible, you should adhere to certain rules before digging:
- Observe the orientation of the coniferous tree to the cardinal points. Gardeners mark the branches facing north in order to arrange the tree in the same way on the site. Those who do not know how to distinguish the direction according to forest signs should take a compass with them. For forest pines, it is important to preserve as much as possible the conditions in which they grew in the forest.
- The focus is on the safety and vitality of the pine root. For this, there are special techniques that extend the time before landing. Before you bring a seedling home, you need to determine the planting site in advance. This will significantly reduce the residence time of the pine root system from a forest without soil. Then properly dig up and transport the tree.
- Planting is carried out during the period of not too active sap flow.
Fulfilling these not too complicated rules, you can significantly increase the survival rate of the vending beauty from the forest.
When is it better to replant a tree from the forest
The optimal time is early spring before the onset of vigorous sap flow. For a certain region, a month is chosen in which a sufficiently warm weather is established. However, the soil must still be well moist. For example, late March, early April, or early May. The deadline depends on the weather conditions.
If it is decided to plant a pine tree from the forest in the fall, then it is best to do this at the end of August, mid-September or October.
Important! You need to plant a tree before the onset of frost.
If the pine tree was chosen in the summer, then it is not recommended to dig out the tree at this time. You need to map out a place and return for a pine tree in the fall.
Observe the timing of planting forest ephedra accurately. Late autumn planting will lead to the death of the tree due to the fact that the roots do not have time to take root before the onset of frost. If you are late with the spring limits, then the root that has not taken root during the active growth of the pine tree will not cope.
How to plant a pine tree from the forest on the site
In order for the planting to be successful, you should familiarize yourself with the features of the pine trees and the transplanting rules. It is important to pre-prepare a place for the pine brought from the forest. This is necessary so that the seedling immediately falls into the ground, and its root system is in the air for as little time as possible. The preparatory period includes:
- choice of location;
- soil preparation;
- pit preparation;
- digging out a seedling;
- transportation to the landing site.
Then you can directly start planting a pine dug in the forest on your site.
How to properly dig a seedling
Going to the forest for a pine seedling, you need to take a cloth, water, compass with you. Some gardeners prefer to make a clay mash at home for dipping the roots.
Important! Ephedra roots die within 15 minutes when exposed to air.
Therefore, the main task is to carefully cover the roots from its access.
The optimum age of a seedling for digging is no more than 3-4 years.
It is best to focus on the height of the tree and remember that the length of the root is equal to the height of the stem. The less damaged it is, the better the seedling will take root. For this reason, gardeners choose the smallest pine trees.
The seedling is dug out together with an earthen clod. In this case, it is necessary to watch that the diameter of the coma is not less than the span of the lower branches. If it was not possible to dig out a pine tree with a lump or it fell apart during transportation, it is necessary to wrap the roots with a cloth and keep them moist. Before planting, dip the roots in the Kornevin solution.
Preparation of a new landing site
It is necessary to choose a place for pine transported from the forest, taking into account the following factors:
- The tree draws moisture strongly from the soil. Therefore, nothing grows under it. Gradually, a litter of needles forms around the trunk, which should not be removed. It serves as a good fertilizer. If you plant a tree in the middle of the site, then a large area around it will not be possible to use in the design.
- A tall pine tree attracts lightning. To secure a residential building, you need to place the forest guest further away. Also, overgrown roots can destroy the foundation of a structure.
- The minimum distance from the house, transmission lines or communications should be at least 5 m.
A place for a pine tree is chosen either sunny or with a slight partial shade. The tree will not grow in shaded areas.
The main preparation of the land is to achieve the desired degree of looseness. If there is sandy loam or sand on the site, this is an ideal soil for pine. On other types, preparatory work will have to be done.
The pits are prepared 1.5 times the size of the planting ball.
Important! Pine does not grow with stagnant moisture.
If the groundwater is close to the surface or the site is selected in a low place, it is necessary to make a drainage layer. To do this, a layer is laid on the bottom of the pit - sand + stones + fertile soil. Drainage thickness at least 20 cm.
When planting several trees between the pits, leave at least 4 m, a low-growing pine tree can be placed at a distance of 2 m.
After preparing the site and digging out the pine from the forest, it's time to start planting.
Planting pine trees from the forest in early spring consists of several stages. The process is simple enough for those gardeners who have already planted trees:
- Lay a drainage layer at the bottom of the planting pit.
- Pour a layer of humus or compost (0.5 kg) on top, be sure to cover it with fertile soil (up to 10 cm).
- Pour half a bucket of water.
- Put a pine seedling from the forest, cover with earth. Place the surface roots at the same level as they were in the forest soil. Deepening is unacceptable. If the depth is large, the drainage layer can be increased.
- Add earth, tamp, mulch with litter, needles, any natural material.
Be sure to shade the pine until the moment when it takes root. Some visual material from the gardener:
Care after landing
A few days after planting, pine from the forest must be abundantly moistened. Then the seedling will be enough 1-2 times a week. In this case, it is important that there is a drainage layer in the pit, otherwise the tree will die from root rot. Another nuance - it is important to take into account the weather conditions. In the dry month, a small pine tree will have to increase the amount of watering, and when it rains, on the contrary, decrease it. Autumn watering is very important, which saves the roots from freezing. The main thing is to stop it 2 weeks before the onset of frost.
Top dressing. Small pines from the forest need to be fertilized 2 times a year (spring and autumn) with complex mineral fertilizers, combined with watering. Special fertilizers for conifers are also suitable. After 3-4 years, the pine can take nutrients from the litter, which is formed from the falling needles. The first feeding is needed in the spring, the second at the end of summer.
Important! Manure, herbal infusions, bird droppings are not suitable for pine as fertilizer.
Pruning. Only sanitary pruning is needed. If the owner wants to shorten the pine tree, then pinching the growth by 1/3 of the length is done.
The first pruning is done in the spring.
Preparing for winter. An adult pine tree from the forest, which has taken root on the site, does not need shelter. Young trees up to 4 years old are covered with spruce branches, burlap, spandex. You need to take off the shelter not too early so that the spring sun does not burn the needles.
Knowing the optimal timing and characteristics of the tree, it will not be difficult to plant a pine tree from the forest on the site. In order for the tree to take root, you must strictly adhere to the recommendations. The pine tree lives for a long time, it will delight the owners of the site with lush needles for many years.