We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Velvet flywheel is an edible mushroom belonging to the Boletovye family. It is also called matte, frosty, waxy. Some classifications classify it as boletus. Outwardly, they are similar. And it got its name because the fruit bodies often grow among the moss.
What velvet flywheels look like
The mushroom has received the definition "velvet" because of the peculiar coating of the cap, which looks like a wax coating or a layer of frost. Outwardly, it resembles a variegated flywheel, but its hat looks a little different - there are no cracks on it. Its diameter is small - from 4 to 12 cm. And the shape changes as the fruiting body grows. In young specimens, it looks like a hemisphere. It becomes almost flat over time.
The color of the cap is brownish, with a tinge of red. Overripe mushrooms are distinguished by a faded color - beige, pinkish. The surface of the cap is dry and velvety. In old mushrooms, it turns naked, with wrinkles, and may crack slightly. Some develop a matte coating.
The stem is smooth and long, up to 12 cm. In diameter it is rarely wider than 2 cm. It is colored yellow or reddish-yellow.
The pulp is whitish or yellowish. If the fruiting body is cut or broken off a piece of the fruiting body, the place of the cut or break turns blue. The aroma and taste are pleasant and highly appreciated. Like all mushrooms, it has a tubular layer. Pores are located in the tubes. They are olive, yellow, greenish and spindle-shaped.
Where velvet flyworms grow
Velvet flywheels are common in Russia and European countries. Their habitat is in temperate latitudes. Most often they are found on sandy soils, among mosses, and sometimes on anthills.
Velvet flywheel mainly grows in small groups, less often there are specimens growing in forest glades and edges one by one. They prefer deciduous forests. Found under beeches and oaks. They often grow among conifers, under pines or spruces.
Velvet flywheels create mycorrhiza with deciduous and coniferous trees (beech, oak, chestnut, linden, pine, spruce). They are harvested from July to mid-autumn.
Is it possible to eat velvet flywheels
Among the mushrooms, both edible and inedible species are found. This type of mushroom can be eaten. Has a pleasant aroma and taste.
Important! It belongs to the second category in terms of nutritional value, along with such mushrooms as boletus, boletus, champignons. In terms of the content of trace elements, beks and amino acids, they are only slightly inferior to the most nutritious mushrooms: white, chanterelles and mushrooms.
Velvet flywheel has similarities with some other types of flywheels:
- It is united with the variegated flywheel by the appearance and color of the leg and cap. However, the twin, as a rule, is smaller in size, and cracks are visible on its cap, its color is yellowish brown.
- Fractured flywheel can also be confused with velvet. Both varieties are found from mid-summer to late autumn. But the first one is painted in burgundy-red or brown-red shades. Its peculiarity is the presence of a cracking mesh pattern on the cap and a pinkish color of the cracks.
- The cisalpine flywheel or Xerocomus cisalpinus also has several differences. Its pores are larger. The caps of old mushrooms often crack. The legs are shorter. On slices, they become bluish. The pulp is paler.
The mushrooms found in the forest are checked for similarity with twins. Their fruiting bodies are thoroughly cleaned from the earth, from the adhering needles and leaves. Further processing of the collected mushrooms is as follows:
- Instances to be dried do not need to be rinsed. The rest must be washed with a brush, passing over the hats and along the legs.
- Then with a knife, they cut off the spots, damaged and hard areas of the fruit bodies.
- The layer of spores under the cap is removed.
- The mushrooms are soaked. They are placed in a container of cold water and left for 10 minutes. Then they are dried on a towel or napkin.
Velvet flywheel is suitable for culinary processing and for preparations for the winter. It is consumed fried and boiled, dried, salted. The pulp is very tasty, gives off an appetizing mushroom aroma.
For most dishes, boiled mushrooms are used. They are boiled before being added to salads or fried. Before cooking, the mushrooms are soaked, then transferred to a saucepan with boiling water and left on the fire for 30 minutes.
Important! It is recommended to use enamelled utensils for cooking.
Among the most delicious mushroom dishes are soups, sauces, aspic, fried or baked potatoes.
Velvet moss is a common edible mushroom that grows in whole groups in forests, on moss. It contains a large amount of protein and trace elements. When cooked correctly, the dishes reveal an amazing mushroom flavor.