We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Beets have become a traditional Russian vegetable since the 14-15th centuries, and there are many recipes for dishes from it. In the twentieth century in the Soviet Union, it was easy to find beet marinade in shops - a sweet and sour island appetizer, which was also in the assortment of any canteen. But making beetroot marinade as in the dining room is not difficult at all. In addition, this appetizer can be spun for the winter, so that during the cold season of the year you can enjoy a vitamin and colorful dish at any time.
How to make beetroot marinade at home
Beet marinade is versatile in its application. This is both an excellent appetizer and a wonderful ready-made garnish for meat and fish dishes. It is very useful for children of any age, and, in extreme cases, it can be used as a semi-finished product for borscht or warm vegetable salad.
Most often, marinade beets are boiled, sometimes baked. There are original recipes in which the marinade is prepared from a raw vegetable, and fried along with other ingredients in a pan.
There are several secrets on how to optimally boil beets for a marinade:
- The vegetable is usually boiled in a peel, so it is important to rinse it thoroughly before cooking, freeing it from all possible dirt and tails from both sides.
- Boil in a little water. On average, the cooking time is, depending on the size of the root crop, from 40 to 90 minutes.
- Beets do not like boiling boiling, so the fire underneath should be low.
- If the water is not salted, then the root vegetable will cook faster.
- If you need to boil a vegetable as quickly as possible, then you need to let it boil for the first 15 minutes, then drain the boiling water and refill it with cold water. After boiling again, the beets will be ready in 15 minutes.
- It is important to cool the boiled beets properly. To do this, immediately after cooking, it is placed in cold water. Then the color of the root crop will remain bright and saturated.
And it will be much easier to peel a properly cooked and cooled vegetable from the peel.
Depending on the amount of vinegar and sugar used for the marinade, it can be sour or sweet. A variety of additives set off and enrich the taste of beets.
The classic beet marinade recipe
According to the classic recipe, beet marinade is prepared for about an hour and a half, and a description of the process itself step by step with a photo can help novice housewives.
To make this recipe, you need a minimum amount of products:
- 2 kg of beets;
- 500 ml of water;
- 250 ml 9% vinegar;
- 30 g salt;
- 25 g sugar;
- bay leaf and black peppercorns and allspice - at will and to taste.
The process of making a snack itself is not at all complicated and most of the time is spent boiling beets.
- So, the vegetable is boiled according to all the rules and placed to cool in cold water.
- Then they are peeled, cut into beautiful strips or rubbed on a coarse grater.
Advice! You can use a Korean carrot grater to add extra aesthetics to your meal.
- Place the chopped beets tightly in small, clean jars.
- During the cooking of the vegetable, vinegar is prepared in a separate bowl. Dissolve spices and seasonings in boiling water, cook for about 7 minutes, add vinegar and heat again to a boil.
- Pour the boiling solution over the beets and place the jars in a wide saucepan with hot water on a stand for sterilization.
- It is enough for half-liter containers with beet marinade to spend 15 minutes in boiling water, after which they are rolled up hermetically for the winter.
Beet marinade for the winter with cloves
There are several interpretations of the classic beet marinade recipe. One of the popular recipes is with the addition of cloves and cinnamon. The dish turns out rather sweetish and is very popular with children.
It can be prepared exactly according to the above technology, only in the ingredients for 1 kg of beets add a pinch of ground cinnamon and 3-4 cloves buds, and take about 60 g of sugar.
A simple recipe for beet marinade for the winter with garlic
Marinade can be easily and, most importantly, quickly prepared, even from raw beets. And the garlic in this recipe will enrich the dish with a special aroma and taste.
- 2000 g of beets;
- 16 Art. l. wine vinegar;
- 16 cloves of garlic;
- 60 g salt;
- 150 g sugar;
- 5-6 bay leaves;
- 8 allspice peas.
Beet marinade is prepared by adding the amount of salt, sugar, allspice and bay leaf indicated in the recipe to 1 liter of water.
- After boiling it is boiled for at least 5 minutes, vinegar is added.
- The peeled raw root vegetable is ground on a fine grater. You can use the help of a food processor.
- Finely chop the garlic with a knife.
- Prepared sterilized jars are filled with grated beets mixed with garlic.
- Pour in boiling marinade, sterilize for 10-15 minutes and seal with sterile lids.
How to make beetroot marinade with lemon
This photo beet marinade recipe should appeal to health-conscious advocates as it uses all-natural ingredients and raw beets. The marinade is very tasty, and the vegetables are tender and slightly crispy.
- 350 g of peeled raw beets;
- 150 ml of freshly squeezed lemon juice (this amount is obtained from an average of 4-5 lemons);
- 100 ml of orange juice;
- 1 tbsp. honey;
- 50 ml of vegetable oil;
- 5 g salt;
- 3 bay leaves;
- black pepper to taste.
It is quite simple to prepare this marinade according to the recipe, but if there is a desire to save the preparation for the winter, then sterilization must be used.
- Grate the beets using a grater or combine.
- Pour it with a mixture of citrus juices, butter, honey. Add salt, pepper and bay leaves.
- After mixing thoroughly, put the beet marinade in the refrigerator.
- After 5-6 hours, the snack is ready to eat.
- To preserve snacks for the winter, lay them out in clean glass jars, put them in a saucepan with cold water and, after bringing to a boil, sterilize for at least 15 minutes.
Beetroot marinade with cumin and cinnamon recipe
In this version of the recipe for a sweet marinade from beets for the winter, only natural ingredients are also used.
- about 1kg of beets;
- 250 ml of water;
- 1 lemon;
- 3 tbsp. honey (you can replace 6 tbsp. sugar);
- 1 tsp cumin;
- a pinch of cinnamon and ground pepper;
- salt to taste.
- The beets are thoroughly rinsed, removing contamination with a brush if necessary, and boiled.
- Prepare the marinade by boiling water with the addition of caraway seeds, honey, cinnamon, pepper and salt. At the end, squeeze out the juice from one lemon.
- The boiled beets are cut into pieces of a convenient shape and size.
- Pour in a boiling solution with spices and sterilize in hot water for 10-15 minutes.
Delicious beetroot marinade in a pan
To make this temptingly delicious winter snack, this recipe will require:
- 1 kg of beets;
- 2 medium onions;
- 150 ml 6% vinegar;
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil;
- 10 g salt;
- 1 tbsp. honey;
- 100 ml of cold boiled water;
- 3-4 peas of black pepper;
- 2-3 bay leaves.
- Beets are grated for Korean carrots and sent to a frying pan with hot vegetable oil, where they are fried with regular stirring for about 15 minutes.
- Onions are chopped into thin half rings and added to fried root vegetables.
- After 5-10 minutes of frying, add water with vinegar, honey, salt and pepper.
- Stew vegetables for a quarter of an hour, add bay leaves.
- Steamed over medium heat for another 6-7 minutes, spread the finished marinade in jars and sterilize in boiling water.
Important! If you store the marinade prepared according to this recipe in a cool place, then additional sterilization is not required.
Beetroot marinade from baked beetroot
A very tasty marinade is obtained from baked beets, and you can surprise all your friends and acquaintances with a dish made according to this original recipe.
You need to prepare:
- 500 g of peeled beets;
- 2 rosemary sprigs (or 5 g dried rosemary)
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar;
- 4 tbsp. olive oil;
- 2 tsp grated walnuts;
- 1 teaspoon crushed lemon zest;
- 1 teaspoon thyme herb;
- 5 g of salt.
- The beets are washed, the tails are slightly cut off on both sides and baked directly in the peel in the oven, which is preheated to a temperature of 200 ° C.
- The baking time depends on the size of the root vegetables and can be from 20 to 40 minutes.
- The vegetable is cooled, cut into strips or rubbed with a grater and placed tightly in clean glass containers.
- Pour on top with a mixture of all the remaining ingredients, if there is not enough liquid to cover, add vegetable oil.
- Insist for about 12 hours.
- If it is necessary to preserve the beet marinade for the winter, then the jars with it are sterilized in boiling water or in the oven for about a quarter of an hour.
Recipe for a delicious beetroot marinade for the winter with onions and bell peppers
Bell peppers will add a southern Balkan flavor to the beet marinade and fill the house in winter with the spirit of a sultry summer day.
You will need:
- 1 kg of raw peeled beets;
- 1 kg of sweet bell pepper;
- 1 kg of onions;
- 250 g of refined vegetable oil;
- 50 g of salt, but it is better to taste and add to taste;
- 1 tbsp. vinegar essence;
- 150 g sugar;
- 1 tsp ground pepper.
The recipe process is simple and will take about an hour.
- Grate the beets, cut the bell pepper into strips, the onion into thin half rings.
- Mix all vegetables and simmer in a pan with butter and spices for about 40-50 minutes.
- At the very end, add vinegar essence, mix and spread the finished marinade in sterile jars. Roll up immediately, wrap it up until it cools down and put it in storage.
How to cook beetroot marinade with tomatoes for the winter
If tomatoes are added to the beet marinade prepared according to the previous recipe, then the taste of the finished dish will be irresistible.
For 1 kg of beets, use from 0.5 to 1 kg of tomatoes. If desired, instead of tomatoes, you can add 5-6 tablespoons of high-quality tomato paste.
Attention! Tomatoes (or tomato paste) are added together with vegetables at the very beginning of stewing, finely chopped.
Beet marinade storage rules
If recipes with sterilization are used for the preparation of beet marinade, then the workpiece can be stored in normal room conditions, in a place without exposure to sunlight.
In other cases, it is better to use a cooler place for storage, that is, a cellar, basement or refrigerator.
Canteen-style beet marinade, usually obtained from boiled root vegetables. But other less traditional recipes for making this delicious winter snack are also worthy of attention.