We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Salted tomatoes in jars or in ceramic or wooden barrels are considered one of the traditional homemade products that can be preserved for the winter. To prepare them, you will need a minimum of ingredients, and the process itself is simple and does not take much time. Information on how to make hot tomatoes for the winter will come in handy for both beginners and experienced housewives.
Rules for hot salting tomatoes
To cook salted tomatoes in a hot way, you will need small or medium-sized tomatoes of any variety, a variety of spices, fresh young herbs, ordinary table salt, in some cases granulated sugar, clean tap or well water, cans from 1 to 3 liters or ceramic barrels, or wooden barrels of various sizes. The container in which the tomatoes will be salted must be intact, without cracks or chips. Immediately before rolling tomatoes, it must be thoroughly washed with warm water and soda, rinsed with cool water several times and dried at room temperature.
The principle of canning tomatoes in hot brine is very simple - tomatoes are placed in a jar along with spices, poured with boiling water once, the second time with hot brine and immediately rolled up with tin or screw lids. If tomatoes are canned in barrels, then they are poured with brine only 1 time.
Tomatoes for canning can be taken either completely ripe (but not overripe) or slightly unripe. The main thing is that they are dense, with a thin but strong skin, without dents, rot and traces of diseases. Tomatoes of any kind and shape are suitable, both ordinary round and "cream", heart-shaped.
It is better to preserve home-grown fruits that have grown in their garden beds - they are much tastier than purchased ones, they are distinguished by a rich red color and taste, and a strong persistent aroma. They become salty in about a month and a half after cooking. If everything is done correctly, the tomatoes will remain dense, retain their inherent shape, but acquire a bright original taste and a specific pleasant aroma. In winter, they can be used as an appetizer or a side dish to various main courses.
Traditional recipe for hot tomatoes
In order to hot pickle tomatoes, you will need to take for 1 standard 3-liter jar:
- 2 kg of selected tomato fruits;
- 2 full art. l. salt;
- small horseradish leaf;
- 3-4 cloves of garlic;
- 1 tsp dill seeds;
- 2 laurel leaves;
- 1 hot pepper;
- sweet and black peas - 5 pcs.;
- cold water - 1 liter.
The step-by-step cooking of salted tomatoes according to the traditional method looks like this:
- Wash the jars, steam them and dry them. Dip the lids in boiling water for 5 minutes. Wash the keg and scald with boiling water.
- Wash tomato fruits, horseradish leaves, garlic and hot peppers under running water and leave for a few minutes to drain the water.
- Put spices at the bottom of the jars or keg and lay all the tomatoes tightly in layers.
- Pour boiling water over the vegetables, cover the jars with lids and leave for 20 minutes, until the water cools down a little.
- Drain the water into a saucepan, add salt to it and boil again.
- Pour the brine over the tomatoes for the second time and immediately roll them up with tin lids.
- Put the jars to cool: cover them with a blanket and leave for 1 day.
After cooling, transfer the jars to a dark and cold place, for example, to a cellar or to a cool pantry.
Hot salting tomatoes with garlic and herbs
Seasonings such as garlic and herbs (fresh dill, cilantro, parsley, celery) can be added to give tomatoes a slightly spicy taste and pleasant fresh scent. For canning in a 3-liter jar, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 kg of red small or medium-sized tomatoes;
- 2 tbsp. salt;
- 1 bitter pepper;
- 1 garlic;
- 1 small bunch of greens;
- 1 liter of water.
Steps for cooking tomatoes hot:
- Prepare cans or a keg for preservation: wash them, steam and dry.
- Put spices and tomatoes in them in layers.
- Pour boiling water over and stand for 20 minutes.
- Drain the infused liquid again into the same saucepan, add salt there and stir.
- When it boils, pour over the tomatoes with hot brine and immediately roll up the lids hermetically.
Cooling is the same as in the traditional way.
Recipe for hot pickling tomato with grape leaves
One of the options for hot-salting tomatoes involves using green grape leaves for canning. They contain ascorbic acid, which together with salt prevents the development of pathogenic microflora in the brine. To prepare tomatoes, you will need to take as many leaves as there are tomatoes available, since each of them will need to be wrapped in a sheet.
The rest of the ingredients:
- 2 kg of tomatoes;
- 2 tbsp. salt;
- 1 tbsp. Sahara;
- 1 liter of cold water.
It is very easy to cook these tomatoes hot. Need to:
- Prepare jars, fruits and grape leaves.
- Wrap each tomato on all sides in a leaf and put in a jar or in a barrel.
- Pour boiling water once, after 20 minutes of infusion, drain the water into a saucepan, add salt and sugar to the liquid, stir and boil it.
- Pour boiling brine into a jar and then roll up with tin lids.
Place under a thick blanket to cool for 1 day.
How to hot salt tomatoes with coriander and basil
Those who like tomatoes to be not only salty, but also smell good, will love the recipe in which coriander and green basil are used as seasonings.
Here's what you need to cook tomatoes hot with this recipe:
- 2 kg of tomato fruits;
- 2 tbsp. common salt;
- 1 tsp coriander;
- 3-4 sprigs of basil;
- 0.5 garlic;
- 1 hot pepper.
Cover tomatoes with basil and coriander under hot brine in the same way as the tomatoes from the previous recipes.
Rules for storing hot salted tomatoes
Hot canned tomatoes are best stored in a cold, unlit and completely dry place. For example, in your house it is very convenient to store them in a basement or cellar, or in a closet in a city apartment. Under such conditions, they can be preserved without loss of quality for at least 1 year, maximum - 2-3 years.
Important! Three years is the maximum storage period for conservation, then all unused cans should be replaced with new ones.
Any housewife can cook hot tomatoes for the winter. To do this, you just need to use any recipe given here. They are quite simple, but, nevertheless, salted tomatoes, canned in accordance with them, turn out to be very tasty and aromatic.