We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Today there is a wide variety of fruit and berries compotes on store shelves. But home canning is still tastier and healthier. Many Russians prepare compotes from different grape varieties.
But white grapes are considered the best option, since only they contain silver ions, which have bactericidal properties. We will tell you how to make white grape compote for the winter, tell you about different harvesting methods, share recipes.
Useful properties of white grapes
Grapes of any color contain a huge amount of vitamins, macro - and microelements, and other useful substances.
But white varieties have their own value:
- The bones are rare in them.
- The calorie content of white grapes is minimal, only 43 kcal.
- White grapes improve the functioning of the digestive system, has a beneficial effect on the heart muscle.
- It has a beneficial effect on blood vessels, strengthens their walls, improves blood circulation, and stabilizes blood pressure. As a result, the risk of thrombosis is reduced.
- It is useful to use white grapes for lung problems, since the fruits have mucaltic (expectorant) properties. Indications for use: hypertension, tuberculosis, bronchial asthma, anemia, exhaustion.
- White grapes also contain glucose and potassium salts. Thanks to them, the body is cleansed of sand, stones and uric acid. Therefore, it is useful for people with urolithiasis, gout, kidney and gallbladder diseases.
- The use of white grapes keeps our muscles in good shape, as it contains a large amount of iron.
Warning! People with high acidity need to eat seedless grapes.
Many housewives, when preparing compote for the winter according to various recipes, prefer:
- White Muscat and White Delight;
- I sow the White Flame and the White Miracle;
- Chardonnay and Ladies' fingers.
Compote cooking options
Every housewife, even a beginner, even an experienced one, dreams of diversifying the blanks for the winter, so she is looking for various options for blanks. This also applies to compote from white grapes for the winter according to recipes obtained from friends or from the Internet. We want to make this work easier and offer several recipes for canning:
- with sterilization.
- with one fill and cover of the cans until they cool completely.
- with double filling cans.
In addition, various berries and fruits, mint leaves, currants or cherries can be added to grape compote in order to improve the taste and useful properties of the harvest for the winter. Many housewives flavor the compote with vanilla, cinnamon, cloves and other spices.
As for the addition of granulated sugar, it can be added, depending on how the compote will be used. If they drink it right away, then add a little sugar. For a concentrated drink in which syrup will be the main, this ingredient is added in large quantities.
You can use whole bunches for preservation or disassemble them into separate berries. Compote fruits can be used to decorate cakes, pie fillings, add to mousses and cocktails.
Important! Compote grapes do not lose their beneficial properties.
To prepare compote according to this recipe, we need:
- 1 kg of grapes;
- 700 ml of water;
- 0.3 kg of granulated sugar.
- We will cook grapes in whole bunches. We pinch off the damaged berries and rinse them. We spread the bunches on a dry towel so that the glass is water.
- To prepare the syrup, pour water into a saucepan. When it boils, add granulated sugar. Cook for a few minutes.
- We put white grapes in sterile jars, add cherry leaves to keep the liquid transparent and fill with slightly cooled syrup.
- Pour water into a saucepan, heat to 40 degrees and put jars of white grapes. We put a towel on the bottom of the container, otherwise the cans may burst.
- We sterilize the jars for half an hour, take them out and seal them hermetically. We turn them over onto the lid and wait for them to cool completely. Store the white grape compote for the winter in a cool room.
The taste of homemade compote cannot be compared with factory preforms!
According to the recipe for the preparation of compote for the winter, you will need grapes (how much will be included) and 0.5 kg of sugar for a three-liter jar. Pour the prepared berries with syrup and immediately roll up. Turn the cans upside down and wrap them in a warm blanket. In this position, we keep the preparation for the winter until the compote cools down.
No sterilization with double pouring
To prepare a tasty and healthy compote in a three-liter jar, you need to take the following ingredients according to the recipe:
- bunches of grapes;
- granulated sugar - 200 grams;
- citric acid - ½ teaspoon.
And now about how to close the compote for the winter:
- Soak the bunches in cold water for a third of an hour, then rinse in two more waters to get rid of the whitish bloom - wild yeast.
- We spread the dry grapes in sterilized jars and fill them with clean boiling water. So that the grapes do not burst when pouring, it is recommended to substitute a spoon under the boiling water.
- Cover the jars with steamed lids and leave for 10 minutes. Then pour the liquid into a saucepan, add granulated sugar. For one three-liter can, as indicated in the recipe, 200 grams. If you have more cans, then we increase the rate of the sweet ingredient.
- Boil the syrup. Pour citric acid into jars of grapes, pour in hot syrup, twist.
We turn it over on the lid, but you do not need to wrap the compote for the winter with a double fill.
Your family is crazy about white raisins, then the following recipe is just what you need. It is this grape variety that is most often used to make white grape compote. The thing is that there are no seeds in the fruits.
Stock up on the following components in advance:
- 700 grams of white raisins;
- 400 grams of granulated sugar;
- 3 liters of water.
Important! To make a delicious drink for the winter, never use tap water as it contains chlorine.
How to cook:
Advice! Often, due to contact with boiling water, the berries in the compote burst for the winter, so that such an incident does not happen, it is better to take unripe raisins.
So are you ready? Then let's get started:
- Grapes, as in the previous recipes, must be freed from whitish bloom - wild yeast. To do this, soak the berries in cold water and rinse them several times.
- Pour water into a saucepan. As soon as it boils, add granulated sugar. Boil the syrup until the crystals dissolve. While the liquid gurgles, pour into jars with white raisins.
Important! Cover the compote immediately and turn over.
For 24 hours, the compote intended for the winter must be wrapped in a fur coat or large towels. You need to store the workpiece in the basement or refrigerator.
White grape and apple compote
White grapes, like any other berries, can be paired with a variety of berries and fruits. If you want to treat your family with vitamins in winter, close the apple compote. The type of fruit does not really matter, the main thing is that the fruits are not starchy.
For a recipe compote, we need:
- medium-sized white grapes - 2 kg;
- lemon - 1 piece;
- sweet and sour apples - 1 kg 500 grams;
- granulated sugar - 1 kg 500 grams;
- clean water for syrup - 3 liters.
And now how to do:
- Separate the grapes from the brush (you can use small brushes).
- After "bathing" we put the apples and grapes on a clean napkin and wait for the water to drain.
- We cut each apple in half, remove the stalk and core with seeds, then divide into slices. To prevent the apples from darkening, sprinkle them with fresh lemon juice.
- We put the ingredients in a jar until the middle and fill it with boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Drain the liquid, bring it to a boil and add sugar. Pour the resulting syrup into a jar and immediately roll it up. Turn it over on the lid and under the fur coat.
Some people like green grapes more, close it for the winter according to the following recipe:
Making grapes compote is not at all difficult. Such preparations for the winter are on the shoulder even for novice hostesses. We have brought to your attention several recipes. The most interesting thing is that none of them uses acetic acid, which greatly increases the usefulness of the compote.
Taking a recipe as a basis, each housewife can experiment with various additives, changing the taste and color of the compote. In your laboratory-kitchen, you can also conjure with the amount of granulated sugar. If you need a concentrated juice, then this ingredient is put in more than the norm specified in the recipe.
We also want to draw the attention of the hostesses to such moments. Firstly, the minimum amount of sugar according to the recipe cannot be reduced, since the compote prepared for the winter can “explode”. Secondly, you need to roll up the harvest of white grapes for the winter in well-washed and steamed jars. Close with sterile lids.