We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The harm and benefits of peanuts have a fine line between them. The fruit growing in the ground is tasty, nutritious, endowed with a lot of useful properties and at the same time is capable of provoking dangerous reactions in the body, even leading to death.
Peanuts are nuts or legumes
Peanuts are also called peanuts, although in reality they are not. The annual herbaceous plant produces good yields in countries with warm climates and suitable humidity.
Having a shell in the form of a shell and a kernel similar to a nut, the fruit is misleading to many. In fact, peanuts belong to the family of "legumes", there are about 30 species. A peculiarity of the culture is the obligatory contact of the pedicel with the ground, otherwise, paradoxically, the nut will not form. The most valuable thing in plants is beans. Their length reaches 6 cm. Each core is covered with a protective sheath. It protects beans from pests, and in itself is capable of causing harm. The pigment has a reddish color and is capable of provoking intoxication of the body.
Important! The red color is eliminated by soaking the beans in water.
Chemical composition and nutritional value of peanuts
To understand the benefits of using a product, you should study its chemical composition. The amount of daily consumption of the product depends on how much BJU is contained in the peanuts. Excessive consumption of nuts rich in proteins and fats can cause serious harm to the body, negating all the beneficial properties.
How many calories are in peanuts
Energy value of pure peanuts without additives in 100 g - 567 kcal.
The calorie content of the product of different types of processing is described in the table.
Product of different types
Calories per 100 g
Calories in 1 core
In Apple pie order
Given the high nutritional value, the advisability of including peanuts in the diet for those on the diet menu is very doubtful.
Glycemic index of peanuts
The glycemic index of a product is an unstable unit that can deviate from the norm if stored and processed improperly. The figure can be influenced by the area where the legume is grown, the climate and many other factors. Also, when cooking, the GI changes.
The glycemic index of a high quality raw product is taken as a basis. The indicator is 13 (low). This value allows you to use peanuts with type 2 diabetes, but after consulting a doctor.
How much protein is in peanuts
The nut kernels are composed of 30% protein, which makes the product a valuable product for bodybuilders. 100 g of dried peanuts contains 26.3 g of protein.
How much sugar is in peanuts
The total amount of carbohydrates in the raw core is 16.13 g per 100 g. A small amount of sugars provides a low glycemic index, which allows people with diabetes mellitus to consume the fruits in small doses.
It is worth noting that this figure includes sugars, starch and dietary fiber. Monosaccharides and saccharides of the total amount are 4.2 g.
What vitamins are in peanuts
The vitamins in peanuts are presented in the table.
By consuming nuts within a reasonable range, you can nourish the body with natural vitamins and benefit from the product consumed. Small doses in the absence of individual immunity cannot be harmed.
Why are peanuts useful for the human body?
If we compare the benefits and harms of peanuts for the body, the positives from the use of nuts will definitely take the leading position.
What is the value of peanuts for humans:
- has antioxidant properties, protects the body from external and internal negative factors;
- positively affects the vascular system and the condition of the heart muscle;
- reduces the likelihood of developing oncology;
- useful in the diagnosis of hemophilia, as it is endowed with hemostatic properties;
- restores blood cholesterol levels;
- is an excellent tool for the prevention of heart attacks, strokes;
- reduces the chance of developing coronary heart disease;
- regulates blood glucose levels;
- has a beneficial effect on the psychoemotional state of a person;
- strengthens the protective functions of the body;
- stabilizes blood pressure;
- helps the immune system to resist seasonal illnesses, emotional turmoil, lethargy;
- has a detrimental effect on pathogenic microflora;
- good for brain function;
- normalizes the digestive process, provided that there are no serious pathologies in the organs;
- the presence of folic acid in the structure of nuclei makes the nut especially valuable for women planning pregnancy;
- prevents the development of adenoma, prostatitis, has a beneficial effect on potency;
- controls the balance of hormones in the female and male body;
- saturates the body with protein, which is appreciated by athletes;
- serves as a good snack, even if you follow a diet;
- thanks to the fiber in the structure, relieves constipation;
- useful for normalizing sleep;
- improves the condition of the skin, hair, nails;
- does not allow the development of pellagra.
While fried foods destroy nutrients and are usually unhealthy, processing peanuts is only beneficial for them. Thermal action creates a shell on the nut that keeps vitamin E from rapid destruction. In addition, roasting increases the concentration of polyphenols - the antioxidant and anti-sclerotic properties are enhanced. The disadvantage of heat exposure is a significant increase in calories in the product, which harms the figure and some body functions.
Why are peanuts useful for a woman's body?
The benefits of peanuts for women are noticed visually. In the structure of the nut, in a complex with vitamins and minerals, manganese is present, which participates in metabolic processes, cares for hair, skin, nails. With a reasonable consumption of the product, weight does not accumulate and even disappears smoothly.
Thanks to the biotin included in the nut, the hair follicles are strengthened, which allows the hair to withstand the tests that a woman is subjected to. Curling irons, curlers, varnishes, irons are aggressive harm that smooths out the benefits of consuming nuts.
The reproductive system functions better, the hormonal background normalizes, the menstrual cycle stabilizes. With hormonal surges, during the period of age-related changes in the body, peanuts smooths out stress, relieves depression. Doctors recommend including legumes in the diet for menopause, pregnancy and puberty.
Why peanuts are good for men
Walnut kernels are saturated with methionine, which is involved in the synthesis of adrenaline. It controls the balance of fat in the liver. For weightlifters, it is a product that helps build muscle. This component quickly restores energy after intense physical activity.
Biotin in the structure of peanuts does not allow men to go bald early, strengthens the bulbs. If the product is introduced into the diet on an ongoing basis, erectile dysfunction, prostate adenoma, infertility are excluded.
Peanuts have a positive effect on the genitourinary system. By preparing peanut milk, you can strengthen the immune system, heal the respiratory system, and improve digestion.
The benefits and harms of peanuts for men in all other cases are the same as for everyone, regardless of gender and age.
Peanuts during pregnancy
Peanuts are legumes, they have a slightly different effect on the body than nuts. Product causes flatulence, bloating and allergic symptoms. Women during pregnancy should be very careful about nutrition, so as not to harm the baby.
The composition of the nut is impressive with a variety of useful components, therefore, using peanuts in small doses, you can:
- replenish the body with missing vitamins, exclude the use of dubious pharmaceutical preparations;
- using kernels during conception and in the first trimester of pregnancy, the body receives folic acid, ascorbic acid and B vitamins, which are important for the development of the fetus;
- micro and macro elements of peanuts contribute to the full development of the fetus - calcium, iron, phosphorus, magnesium, sodium, participate in the formation of the skeleton, organs of the hematopoietic function;
- to replenish the daily intake of amino acids, you need to eat only 100 grams of peanuts (12 irreplaceable and 8 non-replaceable);
- thanks to tryptophan in peanuts, a woman experiences emotional comfort, she produces a hormone of happiness;
- polyphenols in the product prevent the development of cancer cells;
- with a daily rate of vegetable protein of 12 g, it is enough to consume 50 g of peanuts to get the required amount of useful nutrients;
- high fat saturation improves digestion, improves stool and does not affect the concentration of cholesterol in the blood;
- with exhaustion and underweight, the nut is useful, it can also be an excellent snack - it can relieve hunger for several hours.
There is an opinion that peanuts should not be consumed during pregnancy, but this is partly wrong. It must be eaten competently in order to saturate the body with useful substances and eliminate harm.
Despite the benefits, there are some contraindications:
- if the history indicates a predisposition to allergies, then the peanut is excluded from the diet;
- if relatives are allergic to something in the immediate environment, the probability that the newborn will be allergic is 75%, therefore, a peanut can be a catalyst for the process;
- often during pregnancy, a leading specialist prescribes a dietary diet for a woman - a peanut should definitely not be included in the diet when gaining excess weight;
- legumes cause bloating and gas formation - if symptoms are present, the product is recommended to be excluded;
- when bloated, blood circulation and nutrition of the fetus are disturbed, since the intestines press on the uterus;
- in case of obvious violations of the stool, diarrhea, it is advisable to abandon peanuts, since it has a laxative effect.
Important! Legumes are among the top ten most dangerous allergens in the world, but allergens are predominantly concentrated in the pigment of the skin and dust from the nut. White kernels are not a threat.
Useful properties of peanuts for children
Starting from 3-4 years old, parents offer their children nuts. At this age, the product is consumed in a milled form.
Important! Up to 5 years old, whole kernels should not be given to children, so as not to block the respiratory tract and cause harm. Do not overuse nuts. Twice a week, 40-50 g is more than enough for a baby. The new ingredient is introduced starting with one nut and gradually increasing to 5 pieces.
Peanuts have a positive effect on the development of the child, strengthens the immune system, and improves brain activity. School and physical activities are more easily tolerated. The body is saturated with vitamins and minerals. It is worth noting that the nut is delicious and, in addition to its benefits, brings pleasure. Roasted peanuts eliminates cough and is a means of preventing many pathologies in the future.
If a child has signs of allergies of any etiology, peanuts are out of the question.
Important! When treating your baby with nuts, you should carefully monitor the changes in the body. If the product is unresponsive, it is possible to develop Quincke's edema, anaphylactic shock. If you do not intervene in a timely manner, the consequences are serious, the harm is irreversible.
Peanuts for athletes
Peanuts contain vitamins A, D, E, D, PP, important for the body, micro-, macroelements, antioxidants - this is the basis of a healthy diet.
For athletes, it is valuable as a product that helps build muscle mass, strengthen blood vessels and the heart. External microtraumas in sports and bleeding pass faster, since peanuts have powerful regenerative properties and the ability to thicken the blood.
Why are peanuts harmful?
Even the most useful product is not suitable for everyone for various reasons. Peanuts are also not shown to everyone and are capable of provoking harm. The following factors should be considered:
- violation of the technology of cultivation, delivery and storage leads to the formation of aflatoxins, which, with weak immunity, causes an allergic reaction;
- children under 3 years old should not be offered nuts, and subsequently the daily rate should not be more than 10 nuts - the product is introduced into the diet gradually, under the close supervision of parents;
- in case of joint diseases, it is recommended to refuse the use of peanuts;
- the calorie content of the product is high, respectively, oversaturation can lead to weight gain, and obesity disrupts the functions of the body's systems and harms the work of vital organs.
Peanuts taste and smell good. When purchasing a product, you should pay attention to some of the nuances. Pregnant women should be more careful with the purchase, as they are responsible for the life of the unborn baby.
- The plant is grown in soil and requires special processing, compliance with storage rules. To avoid infection with Escherichia coli and worm infestation, everyone, especially pregnant women, is recommended to eat peanuts fried.
- A raw nut is not taken into food without additional manipulations, since it negatively affects digestion. Before use, the product should be soaked in water or germinated for several days.
- If the product is damp, it automatically becomes harmful and unusable. Dampness is a favorable habitat for mold and mildew. Heat treatment does not solve the problem.
- The structure of peanuts contains erucic acid, which is unable to be absorbed. Moreover, it is destructive and harmful to the liver, muscles, heart. Acid is dangerous if there is an excess of the product. Eating a nut within the normal range is difficult to provoke a disease.
- When eating salted peanuts, the effect on the body is ambiguous. Salt retains water, thus causing the formation of edema. It is undesirable to use it for people with diseases of the heart, kidneys, urinary system, pregnant women at a later date.
These problems can be avoided by paying due attention to quality, quantity and handling.
Can peanuts be breastfed?
Peanuts are on the list of foods prohibited for breastfeeding. Walnut is the strongest allergen. During the period of adaptation of the baby's digestive system, mothers are faced with a problem - colic, and legumes contribute to gas formation.
Canadian scientists argue that breastfeeding peanuts should be included in the mother's diet. Moreover, they strongly recommend not to exclude all possible allergens in order to adapt children to food and not to face the problem of allergies in the future.
Important! If, contrary to the recommendations of the doctor, the mother introduces peanuts into her diet, the monitoring of the baby's condition should be more careful - it is important not to harm the baby.
Is it possible to peanuts with gastritis
Bringing benefits, peanuts are unacceptable for use in gastritis. With heartburn after such a treat, you should refuse it. The reason for the reaction is the composition of the nut and the core that is too hard for digestion.
Important! If chopped peanuts are added to the sauce or the patient is tempted to peanut butter, this is not critical in small doses, but provided that the dish is not eaten on an empty stomach.
Can peanuts for diabetics
Due to the low glycemic index and beneficial properties of the nut, small amounts of peanuts with diabetes mellitus are acceptable for consumption without health consequences. It is worth noting that walnut smoothly lowers blood glucose levels.
Is it possible to peanuts with pancreatitis
The absorption of nuts in pancreatitis of any form is prohibited, since peanuts are rich in proteins, fats, carbohydrates and can provoke an adverse reaction of the body:
- a dangerous response of pancreatic enzymes;
- the acute phase of inflammation in the tissues of the gland;
- provoke vomiting;
- increase the intensity of pain;
- cause diarrhea.
In the stage of stable remission, the inclusion of peanuts in meals in small doses is permissible. 1-2 nuts eaten will not cause unpleasant symptoms.
Is it possible to peanuts with cholecystitis
In acute cholecystitis, nuts do not include the diet, and you should also not conduct experiments immediately after the pain subsides.
The use of peanut milk in pathology has proven itself well, since it has a choleretic effect. Also, doctors recommend removing the skin with pigment and eating the kernels in a peeled and crushed form. You should not eat the daily allowance of a healthy person. It is enough to eat a couple of nuts.
How peanuts affect potency
Regular consumption of peanuts is beneficial for potency and full erection in men. It is also an excellent remedy for the prevention of prostatitis and adenoma. The benefit of nuclei is that the quality of sperm improves and reproductive function is improved.
Do peanuts raise cholesterol
There is no cholesterol in nuts, therefore, peanuts cannot affect the test result. Since the nuclei help to strengthen blood vessels, the product is a means of preventing atherosclerosis.
How to use peanuts correctly
To exclude peanut poisoning, and often the body's response to a negative factor, is possible only by choosing the right product and preparing it for use.
Is it possible to eat peanuts with husks
The husk of red color is saturated with harmful pigment, you should get rid of it. In roasted nuts, it is easily removed, in raw peanuts - in order to remove the bright shell, the legume is soaked, the pigment is discolored. White kernels are not harmful to health or are less aggressive.
How many peanuts can you eat per day
Most of the problems associated with peanuts arise from excessive consumption of the product. A healthy adult should eat no more than 10 kernels a day, for children 10 nuts is the maximum dose, which comes gradually. Nutritionists recommend eating the product in the morning in order to be able to expend energy for the remainder of your daily activity.
Is it okay to eat peanuts every day
Nothing prevents you from eating nuts every day, because every day a person spends energy, is engaged in mental activity, sports, professional work. The body needs to strengthen the immune system. In order for a delicacy to be beneficial, you should know when to stop and not go beyond the norm.
What happens if you eat a lot of peanuts
If you get carried away and eat a lot of legumes at once, perhaps nothing happens. The nut is capable of provoking diarrhea, heaviness in the stomach, and a strong allergic reaction. How the body reacts to an excess of peanuts depends on how healthy the person is, what pathologies are present in the body. Legumes can exacerbate hidden diseases. The blood vessels and the heart receive an increased load, which is highly undesirable.
How much peanuts are digested
The peanut is digested by the digestive system for 2-3 hours. To speed up the process, the legumes can be pre-soaked, but only if they are fresh.
Is it possible to get poisoned with peanuts
Legumes can provoke poisoning. A raw nut, if stored, becomes moldy. As a result of the vital activity of microorganisms, a poison is produced - aflatoxin. Signs of intoxication are pronounced:
First of all, the liver is severely hit. The first symptoms of acute intoxication can be felt in half an hour, chronic - often asymptomatic within a week.
The walnut can be contaminated with salmonella and other pathogens. If the plant is watered with pesticides, it can also cause poisoning.
How many grams is a tablespoon of peanuts
Knowing the density of the peeled peanuts, it can be argued that 11.7 g of the product is contained in 1 tablespoon.
Peanuts for weight loss
Whether the product can be consumed while following a diet is a moot point. The calorie content of peanuts is too high to allow yourself to consume the daily value and continue to lose weight. The walnut is ideal as a snack, but the volumes calculated for a person with a normal lifestyle should be significantly reduced.
Important! Roasted peanuts and kernels in a sweet shell must be excluded from the diet if you want to lose weight, since the calorie content of peanuts during such processing increases significantly.
Peanuts weakens or strengthens
Walnut kernels are not recommended for stool disorders. Constipation or diarrhea indicates a serious problem in the digestive system, and this is a reason to refuse the product. Due to its high fat content, it weakens, which can aggravate the situation and cause harm.
The body's response to a peanut is a serious reason to give up treats forever. If you feel a headache, tearing, nausea, tissue swelling, you should immediately seek help from a medical facility. In such cases, one cannot hesitate, since symptoms can cause Quincke's edema, anaphylactic shock.
The harm and benefits of peanuts deserve special attention. Bean has a relatively low cost, it is available to the consumer. The pleasant taste and aroma of the nut does not always allow you to stop in time, which can cause serious harm to the body. It is important to observe the measure in everything and monitor your health, then the product loved by everyone will not be able to cause damage, but will only bring energy and benefit to the body.