We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Each nation has special dishes, the recipes of which are passed down from generation to generation. Georgian Tkemali can be safely called a visiting card of an entire nation. Classic tkemali is made from wild plums of the same name. This sauce is an excellent addition to meat, fish, poultry, allowing them to reveal their taste.
Often, Georgian housewives prepare tkemali from yellow cherry plum. And from green and red cherry plum, the sauce is no worse. These fruits contain a lot of acid, which is necessary for classic tkemali. We will try to reveal some of the secrets of making the sauce with photos. Moreover, the taste of the finished seasoning will depend on the herbs and spices used. An entire experimental laboratory can be created in the kitchen.
For the Georgian tkemali sauce for the winter, you can take yellow, green or red cherry plum. Although traditionally, a seasoning is prepared from yellow fruits.
- In Georgia, sauce is prepared in large quantities; not a single meal is complete without it. As a rule, recipes indicate a small amount of ingredients. When preparing the sauce, cherry plum boils down a lot.
- Georgians are big lovers of spicy herbs, but they are added depending on the color of the chosen fruit. For example, fresh greens are more suitable for yellow cherry plum. Dried spices and herbs are added to the red or pinkish berry sauce. The taste of green fruit tkemali opens up beautifully with both dried spicy ingredients and fresh ones.
- According to the rules of Georgian cuisine, ombalo herb is added to cherry plum tkemali for the winter. But it grows only in Georgia. Lemon balm, thyme, or peppermint can be used instead.
- Vinegar is never used to prepare the Georgian tkemali sauce from yellow cherry plum. Indeed, the berries themselves contain a large amount of acid, which is an excellent preservative. The sauce does not need additional sterilization.
- When spilling the sauce, it is better to use small bottles, for example, ketchup bottles, since opened tkemali does not last long.
We hope that these little tricks will help you cook cherry plum tkemali and treat your family.
Tkemali from yellow cherry plum
Georgian sauce made from yellow cherry plums is inherently intended for meat dishes. It is distinguished by its sharpness and spice. Take your time to make a large portion. Cook using the minimum amount of food first. If you like everything, make as much sauce for the winter as you need for your family.
For tkemali from yellow cherry plum according to the recipe, you will need to stock up on the following ingredients:
- yellow cherry plum - 1 kg 500 g;
- granulated sugar - 5 tablespoons;
- salt (not iodized) - 1 heaped tablespoon;
- parsley, dill and cilantro in total - 60 g;
- garlic - 5 cloves;
- ground red hot pepper - 1 teaspoon;
- vegetable oil - 3 tablespoons.
Attention! From this amount of yellow cherry plum you get ½ liter of sauce.
We offer you a recipe with a step-by-step description and with a photo. Indeed, many housewives have not yet cooked such tkemali.
Thoroughly rinse the cherry plum, remove the stalks.
Tkemali yellow cherry plum sauce for the winter, according to the classic recipe, should have a creamy consistency. And the fruits are characterized by a harsh skin, and it is not so easy to remove the seeds even from overripe cherry plums. You will tell me what to do then. Here's how to cook the sauce and will be discussed.
We put the fruits in a saucepan and fill with water, so that the cherry plum is completely closed.
Cook it for no more than 25 minutes over high heat. Time is counted from the moment of boiling under the lid. This time is enough for the yellow berries for the sauce to soften.
We take out the yellow cherry plum with a slotted spoon and transfer it to a colander to glass the liquid.
Advice! Do not throw away the liquid obtained by cooking fruits, seeds and cake. Add sugar, boil - a delicious compote is ready.
Grind the boiled berries thoroughly to remove seeds and cake. We'll end up with cherry plum puree.
Add salt, granulated sugar to the mashed potatoes and set to cook for a quarter of an hour at low temperature. The mass with cherry plum must be constantly stirred so that it does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
While you cook the tkemali base, prepare the herbs. Classic seasoning recipes involve a large amount of this component. We carefully wash the leaves from the sand, chop with a knife.
We have already talked about experiments in the preparation of tkemali.
Remove outerwear and inner films from the garlic. Grind in a garlic press. Add herbs and garlic to the future yellow sauce. Add red pepper to the cherry plum immediately, as indicated in the recipe. It will take another 15 minutes to cook. Then remove from the stove.
You have a mass of yellow in the pan with green splashes of greenery. We put the Georgian seasoning for meat in prepared jars, add oil to them and immediately close hermetically.
Tkemali from yellow cherry plum can be stored in any dark and cool place.
We talked about how to prepare a spicy cherry plum sauce for meat dishes. We advise you to watch the video.
Yummy, try it:
Red cherry plum sauce - recipe
As we have already noted, seasoning for meat and poultry can be cooked from red cherry plum. We offer you one of the recipes for preparing for the winter.
What you need:
- 2 kg of cherry plum, it is possible to use pink fruits;
- a pound of ripe tomatoes;
- 6 cloves of garlic;
- 4 sprigs of green mint;
- hot pepper pod (chili can be used);
- 30 grams of coriander seeds;
- 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
- 180 grams of sugar;
- 1 tablespoon of natural honey;
- 60 grams of salt (not iodized!).
The winter seasoning is pink in color.
The initial stage almost completely coincides with the first recipe: red or pink cherry plum is boiled, mashed and put on fire.
10 minutes after the first bubbles appear, add all the ingredients for the sauce, except the vinegar. Boil tkemali for another 7 minutes and add vinegar.
The sauce is now complete. We pour it into jars and put it in the refrigerator or cellar.
Many of our readers complain, they say, I cook, prepare sauces for the winter, but they instantly disappear. But this is great, which means that everything is unusually tasty.
Georgian cuisine is famous for its sauces. What names do they have! Cherry plum tkemali is not the last among seasonings. Take any of the suggested recipes as a basis and prepare goodies for your family. Believe me, even a slice of bread spread with tkemali will become more appetizing.