We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Pickled red currants are an exquisite addition to meat dishes, but this is not its only advantage. Perfectly preserving useful properties and freshness, it often becomes a decoration for a festive table. But its main advantage is the simplicity of preparation.
Useful properties of pickled currants
Pickled currants preserve vitamins in full:
- vitamin A improves vision, immunity, and the functioning of the digestive system;
- vitamin E strengthens hair, skin and nails;
- the group of B vitamins (B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B9) is necessary for the natural functioning of the whole organism;
- vitamin C.
Important! This vitamin complex is useful for pregnant women. B6 is necessary for the successful development of the fetus, the formation and strengthening of the immunity of both the embryo and the mother's body weakened by toxicosis.
It is also rich in minerals:
Black berry contains chlorine and sulfur, essential oils, glucose. Reduces the likelihood of vascular diseases, improves the activity of the liver, kidneys, is effective in the treatment of gums and teeth, helps fight disease-causing organisms and heartburn.
Red berry gives elasticity to blood vessels, so it is useful to use it in any form for diabetics and those suffering from edema. Helps in the fight against anemia if you eat about 30 grams per day during the menstrual cycle.
Warning! The norm of currants for an adult is 50 g per day. There are contraindications for pain in the abdominal cavity, gastritis, ulcers, increased acidity of the gastric sector.
Pickled currant recipes
For a classic blank you will need:
- red currant (volume at discretion);
- 500 ml of pure water;
- vinegar 9% 100 ml;
- greens (basil, parsley or bay leaves are great);
- sugar 10 tbsp. l.
Step-by-step cooking recipe:
- Rinse the berry well under running water several times, sort it out, leaving large fruits and twigs (optional).
- Distribute in sterilized jars, add washed and dried herbs (you can wipe it with a towel), pour boiling water for 5-10 minutes.
- Boil water for the marinade, add sugar, cloves, pepper, a piece of cinnamon, bay leaf. Stir constantly until the sugar dissolves. Add vinegar, stir again, remove marinade from stove.
- Pour the hot marinade into jars up to the neck. Roll up the lids, allow to cool (you can turn the lid upside down), then move to a cool place.
Red currants look especially impressive with twigs on the table in winter.
Harvesting of pickled black berries is not much different from red. It is necessary to rinse, sort out and pay special attention to spices. For 1.5 kg of a well-selected berry, you will need the following ingredients:
- 100 g acetic acid 9%;
- 450 g of pure water;
- ground black pepper;
- ground cinnamon 2 tsp
The cooking process is the same. The main thing is to keep the proportions.
Red pickled currants for the winter
Gourmet berries that complement meat dishes are marinated with cucumbers. The proportions are as follows:
- 1-2 kg cucumbers
- 10 cloves of garlic;
- 500 g of currants;
- 500 ml of water;
- 3-4 sprigs of dill;
- 1 tbsp. l. vinegar 9%;
- 1.5 tbsp. Sahara;
- 1.5 tbsp. salt;
- leaves of currant, cherry and horseradish.
- Soak cucumbers in cold water for 4 hours.
- Greens, garlic and peppers are placed at the bottom of the jar.
- Cucumbers are laid, currants are poured on top.
- The filled jar is filled with boiled water twice. After the first time, let it brew for 10 minutes. When boiling again, add sugar, salt and vinegar to the water.
- After pouring the resulting marinade into the jar, it must be immediately twisted, turned upside down and allowed to brew for at least a day. After that, pickled red currants with cucumbers can be served.
The unusual taste of red currant with cucumber is spicy combined with baked turkey and chicken. Berries marinated according to this recipe with garlic are often served in restaurants with lemon wedges and pork chops. Surprising your family is now so easy!
Attention! Pickled foods with garlic are an excellent prevention against colds.
Black pickled currants for the winter
Marinated black currants with beets are very easy to prepare. For a half-liter jar, you will need the following ingredients:
- 300 g of boiled beets;
- 75 g black currant;
- Cinnamon, allspice, cloves (to taste);
- 20 g sugar;
- 10 g salt;
- 35-40 g 9% vinegar.
Step-by-step cooking recipe:
- Peel the beets, rinse, cut into cubes or strips, and put in jars. Rinse and sort out the black currants, adding 1 part berries to 4 parts of chopped beets.
- Prepare a solution of spices, sugar, vinegar, salt and boiled water. Fill the jars with hot solution.
- Cover the jars with boiled lids, heat in a water bath in boiling water. Liter - 10 min, half-liter 7-8 min.
- Seal jars, refrigerate, transfer to a pantry or other cool place. The product will be ready for use in a day. To achieve a rich taste, it is best to open the jars no earlier than 2-3 weeks.
What to eat pickled currants with
Pickled red currants with twigs are served with meat dishes and desserts. From it, you can independently prepare the gravy for the side dish, you just need to grind it with a blender or fork, add spices, pour over the resulting sauce.
Pickled berries are used for pies, rolls, homemade ice cream, yogurt. To prepare yogurt, you need to mix berries with sour cream with a blender, adding vanillin, - the dessert is ready.
Terms and conditions of storage
Pickled red currants can be stored for up to 3 years in a cool place. To avoid mold in an open jar, add sugar. The more acidic the berry, the more sugar you need. At room temperature without a refrigerator, it can be stored for 2-3 days.
Pickled red currants, like black ones, are easy to prepare. Its taste and useful properties will fully justify the time spent in the kitchen.