We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Harvesting pickle for the winter with overgrown cucumbers is an excellent solution for those who rarely visit the country and because of this lose part of the harvest. During a long absence, vegetables can overripe, and large overgrown cucumbers are then simply thrown away without finding a worthy use for them. This, at least, is unreasonable, since preservation for the winter from such specimens turns out to be very tasty. It is only necessary to more carefully prepare the harvest for salting - this is where all the differences between cooking young and overgrown cucumbers end.
How to make a preparation for pickle from overripe cucumbers for the winter
When creating preservation for pickle for the winter, it is recommended to adhere to the following simple rules:
- If overgrown large cucumbers are used, they must be peeled and cut in half to form two long pieces. They are carefully scraped out with a teaspoon, peeling off tough seeds, and cut into small cubes. The optimum thickness for the future pickle is 5 mm. You can also grate them - for this use the side with the largest cells, so that the output turns out to be straw.
- Regardless of whether young cucumbers or overgrown cucumbers are used for preservation, the selected vegetables must be firm to the touch. Rotten and lethargic specimens are discarded - they will not work for pickle.
- Very often tomatoes are used in the preparation of dressing for pickle. They are subsequently peeled from the skin, and to facilitate this process, you can pour boiling water over them. This will make the skin very easy to peel off.
- If the cucumbers are too overgrown and slightly bitter, you can add a small amount of mustard to the brine dressings. She will perfectly disguise bitterness.
- In order to extend the shelf life of the dressing, vinegar is added to it - it is an excellent natural preservative.
Of no small importance is not only the preparation of the main and overgrown ingredients for the pickle, but also the sterilization of the container. If not properly prepared, the dressing for the winter will quickly deteriorate.
You can sterilize banks in one of the following ways:
- The container is turned upside down and placed on a baking sheet. It is put into the oven and left there for 30 minutes at a temperature of 150 °. The method works best for liter cans.
- A small amount of water is added to the jar and put into the microwave. There it is heated for 2-3 minutes.
- The last method is to place the jars upside down in a boiling pot. In this case, steam is used for sterilization.
Important! A full-fledged pickle is cooked from the resulting blank in winter, however, there is no need to salt dishes based on it! The dressing contains a sufficient amount of salt even without it.
The classic recipe for pickle from overgrown cucumbers for the winter
The classic recipe for overgrown cucumber dressing is as follows:
- Overgrown cucumbers and carrots are grated using a department with large cells.
- Chop tomatoes in a blender.
- Then cucumbers, tomatoes and carrots are combined in a ratio of 5: 3: 1.
- Add to this mixture diced onions to taste, vegetable oil and 1-2 bay leaves. It is also necessary to sprinkle the ingredients of 1.5-2 tbsp. pearl barley.
- Then sugar and salt are introduced into the workpiece (1 tsp each) and mix thoroughly.
- All this is transferred to a saucepan and cooked for about half an hour over low heat.
- After that, the workpiece for the pickle is poured 1-2 st. l. 9% vinegar and cook for another 5-10 minutes.
This completes the preparation of the dressing. The resulting workpiece is rolled into sterilized jars and removed to cool.
Pickle for the winter from overripe cucumbers with carrots and garlic
This recipe for the winter from overgrown cucumbers looks like this:
- 1-2 tbsp. pearl barley is soaked for three hours in cold water.
- The excess water is drained, after which the cereal is poured with fresh water and boiled without salt for 35-40 minutes.
- Overgrown pickles for pickle must be soaked in cold water for two hours.
- After that, the water is drained, the cucumbers are cut into cubes or chopped into large strips.
- The resulting cucumber mass is put into a saucepan and sprinkled with 1 tbsp. salt. In this form, overgrown cucumbers are left for 30-45 minutes so that they let the juice out.
- At this time, grate carrots and cut onions, garlic and herbs. The onion-carrot mixture is fried over low heat.
- Then all this is added to the cucumbers. Pearl barley, bay leaf, tomato paste, chopped herbs and garlic are poured there, 1-2 tbsp. water.
- All this is stewed over low heat for about 40-50 minutes.
- When the workpiece boils, add 1 tbsp. vinegar.
- The boiled pickle is then extinguished for another five minutes, after which it can be removed from the stove.
The resulting preservation can be rolled up in sterilized jars and stored in a cool place.
Preparation for pickle from overripe cucumbers with dill
According to this recipe, overgrown cucumbers are harvested for the winter as follows:
- 2 tbsp. pearl barley is poured 6 tbsp. water and cook for about an hour.
- At this time, the tomatoes must be mashed with a blender.
- Overgrown fresh cucumbers and the same amount of pickles must be cut into cubes.
- Several large sprigs of dill are finely chopped and added to tomatoes and cucumbers. Additionally, you can add a couple of sprigs of parsley and 5-6 cloves of garlic.
- All this is dipped in brine and heated over low heat.
- At this time, grind the carrots on a grater and finely chop the onions. The onion-carrot mixture must be lightly browned in a pan, after which it is added to cucumbers and tomatoes.
- The resulting mixture is simmered for another 15-20 minutes over low heat.
- After that, pearl barley is added to the vegetable mixture, mixed and cooked for another 5-10 minutes under the lid.
At this, the pickle is considered ready. It can be rolled into banks.
The easiest pickle recipe for overripe cucumbers for the winter
This recipe requires a minimum of ingredients. According to it, pickle from overripe cucumbers is prepared according to the following scheme:
- Overgrown cucumbers are rubbed on a coarse grater (for making a Korean salad). Carrots are rubbed after them. You should get a mixture in a ratio of 3: 1.
- 2-3 large sprigs of dill are finely chopped and added to cucumbers and carrots.
- For each kilogram of the mixture add 1 tbsp. salt.
- All this is mixed and insisted for two hours.
- When the juice appears, the mixture is transferred to a saucepan and boiled until the water boils. In this case, you do not need to boil the pickle.
- The mixture is warmed up a little and removed from heat.
At this, the preservation for the winter is considered complete and they are rolled up in jars. To taste, you can add 2-3 cloves of garlic to the pickle.
How to pickle overripe pickles for pickle for the winter
You can pickle cucumbers for the winter as follows:
- Five rings of red hot pepper are placed in each jar.
- Cover the top with currant or cherry leaves, you can also mix them together. Additionally put a small piece of horseradish root for taste.
- Then add the garlic. 4-5 small cloves are placed whole or squeezed out through a special press.
- After that, the jar is filled with overgrown cucumbers, previously cut into cubes or grated. From above they are covered with another layer of pepper and leaves. You can add a little more horseradish and garlic to taste.
- The next step is to prepare the brine. To do this, dissolve 3 tbsp in 1 liter of water. salt and boil it for several minutes.
- The prepared brine is poured into jars and covered with a towel.
- In this form, the workpieces are kept in a dark place for at least eight hours, after which the cans can be rolled up.
According to this blank recipe, it is better to use liter cans.
Pickle for the winter from fresh overgrown cucumbers with apple cider vinegar
To prepare this blank for the winter, you must do the following:
- Overgrown cucumbers are rubbed on a coarse grater and let them brew for 2-3 hours. At this time, you need to chop the onion and grate the carrots.
- After that, the onions are mixed with carrots and fried over low heat in vegetable oil.
- Then the browned mixture, as well as the settled cucumbers, 2 tbsp. pearl barley and 0.5 kg of tomato paste are combined in a saucepan and cooked for half an hour. In the process add 2-3 tbsp. salt.
- Towards the end add 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar, boil the mixture for another five minutes, then roll it up in sterilized jars.
Preservation for the winter according to this recipe goes well with meat broth and potatoes.
In order for the gas station to retain its qualities as long as possible, the container is removed to a dark, cool place. It is advisable to store the base for the future pickle at a temperature not higher than 5 ° C, but if vinegar was used during the preparation of the dressing, it will be perfectly preserved at room temperature - after all, it is an excellent natural preservative.
Important! After the jar with the pickle is opened, it must be put into the refrigerator. Otherwise, the workpiece will deteriorate.
Harvesting pickle for the winter with overgrown cucumbers greatly facilitates the cooking process in the winter. When you need to do something quickly for lunch, a jar of gas station will come in handy. Usually, winter preservation is made from small cucumbers, ignoring large, overgrown specimens, but this is completely in vain. Instead of throwing away the remnants of the harvest, you can put it into action - the taste of dressings for the winter from overgrown cucumbers is no worse than from young ones.
Another recipe for cooking overripe cucumbers for the winter for pickle is presented below: