We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
With the arrival of spring, the need for greenery increases, so young nettles are very relevant during this period. On the basis of it, many housewives prepare different dishes, and one of them is soup with nettles and dumplings. There are several options for its preparation. Each of them has its own characteristics that must be taken into account. If you follow all the recommendations, the soup turns out to be tasty and healthy.
Soup is best cooked in meat broth
How to make dumpling nettle soup
The taste of the soup directly depends on the quality of the broth. Therefore, when choosing meat, you need to pay attention to its freshness. It should be elastic and quickly regain its shape when pressed. Also have a uniform shade, and the smell should not be in doubt. When buying meat in packaging, you need to pay attention to its integrity, and there should be no water inside.
For the soup, use nettle leaves and young apical shoots harvested before flowering. Collecting should be carried out in gloves away from the road and enterprises, as this plant has the ability to accumulate toxins.
Before using the nettle for cooking, it must be prepared. Therefore, the raw materials should be sorted out and filled with boiling water for 3 minutes. This procedure will remove the pungency of the plant. When finished, spread the nettle on a cotton cloth to dry.
You need to add this ingredient in 2-3 minutes. until the end of the soup. During this time, it will have time to cook and retain all its useful qualities.
You can also cook the dish in vegetable broth, as well as in combination with other herbs, which will emphasize its refreshing taste.
Nettle soup with dumplings and dill
This recipe will allow you to prepare an unusual first course that can diversify your usual diet.
Important! The smaller the dumplings, the faster they cook, so the cooking time needs to be adjusted for their size.
- 2 potatoes;
- 1 carrot;
- 1 onion;
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- 4 tbsp. l. oat flour;
- 1 egg;
- 1 tbsp. sunflower oil;
- 200 g nettle;
- 50 g dill;
- salt, pepper - to taste;
- 1 tbsp. wheat flour;
- 3 liters of meat broth.
- Separately, add the egg to a bowl and beat until frothy with salt and sunflower oil.
- Add oatmeal and wheat flour, a little black pepper.
- Chop the dill finely and add it as well.
- Knead the dough and leave for 15 minutes.
- Put a pot of broth on the fire.
- After boiling, add finely chopped onion, chopped potatoes.
- Then add the grated carrots.
- Sprinkle the dough with flour, form dumplings from it.
- Dip them in boiling broth, cook until tender.
- In 2 min. before turning off, chop the nettles and garlic, add them to the pan.
The finished dish should be infused for 7-10 minutes so that it acquires a balanced, uniform taste. Serve hot.
Nettle soup with meat and dumplings
This recipe will help you prepare a delicious dish without much difficulty. Nettle soup with meat broth will not leave anyone indifferent.
- 600 g of meat of any kind;
- 250 g nettle;
- 3-5 medium sized potatoes;
- 1 carrot;
- 1 onion;
- sunflower oil for frying;
- salt, spices - to taste;
- 1 egg;
- 100 g wheat flour;
- 5 tbsp. water.
Step-by-step process for preparing the first dish with dumplings:
- Initially prepare the dumpling dough.
- Add egg and water to flour, add a little salt and pepper.
- Knead the dough and let it lie down; its consistency should resemble thick semolina.
- At the same time, rinse the meat, cut it into pieces, put it in a saucepan and add water.
- After boiling, remove foam, reduce heat.
- Peel potatoes, chop and add to soup.
- Grate the carrots, add to the saucepan.
- Chop the onion, fry it in a pan until golden brown.
- Chop the nettle.
- After cooking potatoes and meat, add onions and herbs.
- Then roll the dough with flour and make dumplings with 2 teaspoons, add them to the soup.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn off and leave for 10 minutes.
Important! The dumpling dough should be soft.
When serving, you can add finely chopped parsley and dill, as well as sour cream.
Soup with nettle, spinach and dumplings
This recipe is used by many housewives. It perfectly combines 2 varieties of greens, which occupy a leading position in terms of their useful qualities. At the same time, the process of preparing a dish is simple, so a culinary specialist who does not have many years of experience can easily cope with it.
- 2.5 liters of meat or vegetable broth;
- 300 g of young nettle;
- 200 g frozen spinach, chopped;
- 2-3 potatoes;
- 1 large onion
- melted butter;
- salt and freshly ground black pepper - to taste;
- 150 g semolina;
- 1 egg;
- 2 yolks;
- 3 tbsp. butter;
- 50 g flour.
Step by step cooking process:
- Melt butter, cool and pour into a bowl.
- Add a beaten egg with yolks and salt to it.
- Stir flour with semolina, pour into a bowl.
- Add a little warm water, knead the dough of medium consistency.
- Put butter in a saucepan with a thick bottom and fry the potatoes and onions in it.
- Pour with broth, boil.
- Chop spinach and nettle, add to a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, season with salt and pepper.
- Dip the dough in flour, and with the help of teaspoons form the dumplings, add them to the soup.
- Cook until they come to the surface.
- Turn off and leave the soup for 7 minutes.
Serve hot. If desired, spinach can be replaced with sorrel, and potatoes with rice.
Nettle and dumpling soup is a great dish that adults and kids alike love. Therefore, in order to be able to cook it at any time of the year, you should freeze greens for future use, which is what many housewives do. Such a soup will be able to diversify the daily diet, and at the same time will help to avoid the development of vitamin deficiency. However, when using nettles, you need to be moderate, because only in this case will this plant benefit your health.