We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Beans are not a very common garden culture for our country. Although many people eat it, only a few think about growing. The reason for this omission is the lack of information about this beautiful legume.
Useful properties of beans
To think about starting a bed of beans in your garden, information about its useful properties, which are not so few, will help:
- This plant, in terms of the content of proteins and amino acids, is very close to the composition of meat and fish. This fact can be very useful for vegetarians, as well as people leading a healthy lifestyle, in which a variety of plant foods is important.
- Vitamin content: A, C, B vitamins, carotene. Trace elements: iron, sulfur, zinc, chlorine, sodium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium. Various amino acids, which have already been mentioned, can also be added to useful substances.
- Due to the high fiber content, the use of beans cleanses the intestines, contributes to its proper functioning.
- It has a diuretic effect, therefore it is used in dietary nutrition for certain diseases of the liver, kidneys, bladder, etc.
- Eating it in food has a beneficial effect on the nervous system, providing an antidepressant effect.
- According to some scientists, it has anti-tumor properties.
- Promotes weight loss.
All of these beneficial properties have found their application in cosmetology. Masks with this ingredient nourish, whiten, tighten and cleanse. At the same time, they are suitable for every skin type and do not cause allergies.
Such pleasant and useful properties undoubtedly raise the value of this cultivated plant as a product of healthy and dietary food.
Attention! The use of beans has not only beneficial properties, but also contraindications and restrictions: gastritis, stomach ulcer, pancreatitis, cholecystitis, nephritis, gout, as well as advanced age.
This is due to the fact that, getting into the intestines, it leads to increased gas production.
Grain beans "Royal"
Varietal variety is divided into main types:
- Asparagus (sugar) - their pods are tender, and the seeds are small, so they are eaten directly in pods.
- Universal (semi-sugar) - they are used both as pods and beans.
- Cereals (shelling) - eat only ripe seeds that are larger in size. The pods of these varieties are only suitable for animal feed.
It is to the latter varieties that, as the name implies, royal grain beans.
Late ripening variety (about 72 days). The plant of this variety has very large pods, about 12-14 cm long, as well as the largest beans (there are only 3-4 of them in a pod) of white color. In form, this variety belongs to climbing plants. The length of the lash reaches 3.5 meters.
The beneficial properties of a plant of this variety are directly proportional to the size of its fruits.
During flowering, king beans are able to decorate the area on which they are located.
King beans grow very quickly and produce bountiful and high-quality crops that are harvested consistently as they mature.
Royal beans are not resistant to frost, so they are planted at a steady temperature of 12-15 degrees Celsius, in a permanent habitat.
When planting a powerful plant of this variety, it is imperative to think over the planting site. Perhaps it will be some kind of original support, or the royal beans will decorate the fence. The soil at the planting site should be light. Clay soils or soils with stagnant water are not suitable for king beans.
Before planting in the ground, the beans must be soaked before they hatch.
Royal beans are planted in moist soil to a depth of 5 cm, with a distance between the holes of at least 15 cm.
Young plants of this variety must be protected from possible frost, providing them with a reliable shelter.
Royal bean care consists of the usual activities that are true for any plant:
- Regular weeding and loosening of the soil. The roots must receive oxygen;
- The feeding scheme is usual. During the period of growing green mass - nitrogen fertilizers. Flowering and beginning of fruiting are phosphorus-potassium. Plants of this variety, which grow quickly and bear fruit abundantly, are in great need of additional nutrition;
- Watering depends on weather conditions. The king beans themselves are demanding on moisture. Therefore, during the dry period, it needs abundant watering, especially at the stage of crop formation;
- If a plant of this variety is struck by a fungal or other infection, it is necessary to treat the planting with copper preparations (Bordeaux liquid, oxych, etc.).
Royal beans are green manure, that is, they saturate the soil with nitrogen during their life.
Harvesting and storage
Ripening of grain varieties is determined by the dry and yellow pod, which is easy to open.
Advice! However, for preservation, it is better to take slightly unripe royal beans, which have begun to turn yellow a little.
It will be more tender and retain its beneficial properties better. The pods ripen gradually, therefore, they are harvested as soon as they are ready, and not at one time.
After harvesting, the royal beans are slightly dried, peeled, and then stored.
Important! If during harvesting beans with wormholes were noticed, then care should be taken to preserve the harvest.
Otherwise, pests will destroy most of the stocks during the winter. To prevent this trouble, there are two ways out: either preheat the beans in the oven before storing them, or store them in a hermetically sealed container without access to air. Insects that hatch from the affected beans will die from lack of oxygen.
Grain beans of the "Korolevskaya" variety received such a name for a reason. Its yield and useful properties leave no doubt. It takes up little space, grows quickly, gives a record harvest in a short time, and even improves the soil. There are many dishes that contain beans, so it is possible to find a way to use it for all tastes.