We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Strawberry juice for the winter is practically not found on store shelves. This is due to the technology of production, which leads to the loss of the taste of the berry. But if desired, it can be made for future use at home. To do this, you need to prepare the ingredients and choose the recipe you like.
For strawberry juice, choose dark juicy berries.
Why Strawberry Juice Isn't Made
The technology for the production of strawberry juice on an industrial scale involves preserving it for long-term storage. In this case, he loses the taste of fresh berries and becomes insipid. Therefore, on store shelves you can find only strawberries in combination with other fruits, but also in the form of nectar, and in a limited assortment.
The composition and benefits of strawberry juice
This natural product is characterized by the same beneficial properties as fresh berries, subject to the preparation technology. Including it in the diet prevents the development of vitamin deficiency.
Strawberry juice contains:
- vitamins of group B, A, C, E, H;
- a complex of macro- and microelements;
- organic acids;
This natural product has beneficial properties for the human body. When consumed in moderation, it helps to normalize metabolism and reduce stress on the liver and gallbladder. Due to the high content of manganese in the drink, the function of the thyroid gland, the work of nerve and brain cells and the composition of the blood are improved.
Other beneficial properties:
- has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial effect;
- improves digestion;
- normalizes heart function;
- strengthens the walls of blood vessels;
- increases appetite;
- helps to cleanse the body;
- strengthens the immune system;
- prevents the formation of cancer cells.
Important! Strawberry juice should be consumed in moderation in winter, as it can cause allergies in large quantities.
Selection and preparation of ingredients
To make strawberry juice for the winter, you must first prepare the ingredients. Initially, the berries need to be sorted out and the tails removed. After that, transfer the strawberries to a wide enamel bowl and draw in water. Rinse lightly and discard immediately in a colander to drain off the liquid.
If other fruits are included in the drink, then they should also be sorted out beforehand, removing all rotten specimens. Then wash and clean from seeds, pits and tails, leaving only the pulp.
From the remaining pulp of berries, you can make marmalade or marshmallow
How to make strawberry juice for the winter
There are several recipes for making strawberry juice for the winter. Each of them allows you to prepare a delicious natural drink with preservation of useful properties.
How to make strawberry juice for the winter
This classic winter drink recipe doesn't include added sugar. Therefore, the output is concentrated strawberry juice. In winter, it can be used as a base for preparing various dishes, desserts and drinks.
- Put clean berries on a cloth bag and squeeze out.
- Drain the freshly squeezed strawberry juice into an enamel saucepan.
- Put on fire and bring to a temperature of 85 degrees.
- Pour the drink into sterilized jars and roll up the lids.
The leftover pulp can be reused. To do this, add 1 liter of water cooled to 40 degrees for 5 liters of pulp. Soak the mixture for 5 hours, and then squeeze again through a cloth bag.
If desired, the resulting drink can be slightly sweetened.
How to make strawberry juice in a juicer for the winter
You can use a juicer to make strawberry juice at home for the winter. But in order for the drink to be tasty and healthy, you need to strictly adhere to the preparation technology.
For a six liter juicer, prepare the following amount of ingredients:
- 3.5 kg of strawberries;
- 4 liters of water;
- 1.5 kg of sugar.
Important! When working with a juicer, you need to take precautions, since when heated, all its parts become hot.
- Pour water into a saucepan of a juicer, cover with a lid, and boil.
- Place prepared strawberries in a fruit net, cover with sugar on top.
- Connect the rubber tube to the juice cooker liquid collector, fix it with a clamp, which will prevent leakage.
- Place a container with berries on top of this part.
- Then they are installed in a complex on a part of the structure with boiling water.
- After 5 min. reduce heat to moderate.
- After 30 minutes. after the start of cooking, drain two glasses of the resulting juice by loosening the tube clamp.
- Pour it back into the pot on top of the berries, which will allow you to achieve complete sterility of the final drink.
- After that, wait another 30-40 minutes. and then loosen the clamp on the tube and drain the resulting liquid into sterilized jars.
- Roll them up with lids for winter storage.
- Wrap the jars with a blanket until they cool completely.
The pressure cooker makes the process much easier
Frozen strawberry juice
The drink prepared according to this recipe for the winter is not heat-treated. But you need to store it in the freezer.
- Pass the washed strawberries through a juicer.
- Pour the resulting liquid into clean, dry containers, cover with lids and put in the freezer.
In winter, containers should be thawed at room temperature. After that, sugar can be added to the juice from fresh strawberries to taste and drunk without subjecting to heat treatment.
Store frozen juice at a constant temperature
Strawberry apple juice
For children, it is recommended to cook a strawberry product in combination with apples, which will reduce the likelihood of allergies to the product.
- 6 kg of strawberries;
- 4 kg of apples;
- 200 g of sugar.
Serve freshly squeezed juice to the table immediately after preparation
- Pass the prepared strawberries through a juicer.
- Wash the apples, cut in half and remove the seed chambers.
- Then cut them into slices and pass through the juicer too.
- Mix both drinks in an enamel saucepan.
- Heat the resulting juice to 85 degrees, pour into sterilized jars and roll up.
Important! To prepare a drink for the winter, you must choose sweet and juicy apples, which will achieve a balanced taste.
Strawberry juice with black currant
The combination of these berries gives the juice an exquisite rich taste and aroma. Therefore, many housewives prefer this particular recipe, which is suitable for preparations for the winter.
- 5 kg of strawberries;
- 2 kg of black currant;
- 0.5 kg of sugar;
- 400 ml of water.
- Fold the prepared strawberries into a canvas bag and squeeze the juice under a press.
- Wash the currants, pour them into an enamel bowl, add 250 ml of water and boil for 5 minutes.
- Then fold it onto cheesecloth folded in several layers, squeeze out the juice.
- Prepare a syrup with the remaining water and sugar.
- Pour liquid from strawberries and currants into an enamel bowl.
- Add syrup to the mixture and cook at 90 degrees for 5-7 minutes.
- Pour into jars, sterilize for 15-20 minutes, roll up.
During the cooking process, you must clearly maintain the temperature
Strawberry juice with cherries
Strawberries and cherries complement each other well, so there is no need to add sugar to such juice. At the same time, the drink can be prepared for the winter without fear of storage.
- 5 kg of strawberries;
- 3 kg of cherries.
- Squeeze the juice from the strawberries through a press, filter and pour into an enamel saucepan.
- Wash the cherries, remove the tails, gently knead with a wooden crush.
- Place it in a canvas bag and squeeze out the liquid by hand.
- Add cherry juice to strawberry juice.
- Heat it to a temperature of 90 degrees and keep it in this mode for 5 minutes.
- Pour hot juice into sterilized jars, roll up.
The jars should cool under the blanket.
Important! You need to prepare a strawberry drink for the winter in an enamel bowl, which will avoid the oxidation process.
Terms and conditions of storage
The shelf life of strawberry juice, prepared in accordance with the technology, is 12 months. It is necessary to store the drink in a cool place at a temperature of + 4-6 degrees. Therefore, a basement is ideal. During storage, sudden temperature jumps are not allowed, as this can lead to damage to the product.
It is possible to prepare strawberry juice for the winter, subject to all stages of the technological process. This will allow you to prepare a fragrant healthy product for a long time. But it must be remembered that any disregard of the recommendations can lead to a deterioration in the taste of the drink.