We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Cauliflower is grown and eaten with pleasure by both adults and children. This amazingly shaped vegetable is used in the preparation of fresh salads, fried, stewed, salted and even pickled. At the same time, it is pickled cauliflower that is considered the most delicious, and if it is prepared in a special way without sterilization, the product turns out to be very useful, because all vitamins are stored in it. You can marinate a vegetable in small quantities for several servings or at once for the whole winter. Cauliflower pickled cabbage for the winter without sterilization is well stored, and for a long time pleases with its fresh taste, recalling the past warm summer days.
Recipes for winter preparation without sterilization
In autumn, vegetables ripen in large quantities in the beds, which means that it is time to take care of their preparation for the winter. Unfortunately, cauliflower cannot keep its freshness for a long time, so it is better to pickle it right away. You can put only cabbage in a jar in a fragrant brine or combine a vegetable with carrots, bell peppers, garlic and other fresh vegetables. There are many pickling recipes, so every culinary specialist will certainly be able to choose the best cooking option for himself that suits his gastronomic preferences. We will offer several recipes for pickled cauliflower and give detailed recommendations for their implementation.
The easiest pickling recipe
Not all housewives have a high level of skill in order to make winter harvesting from a huge number of different vegetables, and even such recipes are not to everyone's taste. The next recipe allows you to preserve for the winter only cabbage inflorescences, supplemented with fragrant leaves and brine.
The recipe for pickling cauliflower for the winter is designed to use 700 g of inflorescences. This amount of vegetables is enough to fill a 500 ml jar. In addition to cabbage, you will need grape leaves and peppercorns (3-4 pcs.). In the preparation of the brine, water (0.5 l), salt and sugar (2 tablespoons each) will be involved, as well as 25 ml of vinegar.
Cooking pickling for the winter is quite simple:
- Divide the head of cabbage into inflorescences.
- Sterilize jars and lids.
- Put grape leaves and peppercorns in sterilized jars (at the bottom).
- Fill the main volume of the glass container with inflorescences.
- Prepare the marinade with the remaining ingredients. Boil it for a couple of minutes.
- Pour the hot marinade into jars and preserve the pickling.
- Wrap the workpiece in a warm blanket and wait until it cools completely.
Prepared according to this recipe, the salting turns out to be crispy, moderately sweet, acquires a slight sourness and spice. Cabbage can be served as an appetizer, an addition to various side dishes. You can also use pickled vegetables in the preparation of the first and second courses.
Important! Canned cabbage without heat treatment retains its useful qualities.
Tender cabbage with carrots
Canned cauliflower will turn out to be very tender if the inflorescences are boiled for a short time before pickling. Depending on the size of the cabbage slices, the cooking time can be 1-5 minutes. The following recipe for tender cauliflower with carrots requires just such a short-term heat treatment.
To prepare pickled pickles, you will need 2 kg of inflorescences and 4 carrots. With this amount of vegetables, you can fill 4 cans of 0.5 liters. You need to marinate vegetables with the addition of bay leaves, peppercorns and cloves. Sugar and salt are added to the marinade to taste, in about 4-6 tbsp. l. of each ingredient. The marinade should be boiled from 1.5 liters of water, with the addition of 70-80 ml of vinegar.
The cooking process can be described in detail as follows:
- Put the cabbage inflorescences in a saucepan and cover with water. Sprinkle with a little salt and a pinch of citric acid.
- Boil vegetables for 2-3 minutes, then drain the boiling water. Fill a container with cabbage with cold water.
- Put peppercorns, laurel, cloves on the bottom of clean cans.
- Put the inflorescences in jars, filling 2/3 of the container.
- Peel the carrots and cut into rings or grate.
- Sprinkle the carrot slices over the cabbage.
- Cook the marinade with salt and sugar. Add vinegar after cooking.
- Pour hot liquid into jars and seal them.
The carrots in this recipe perform mostly a decorative function, since the orange pieces of the vegetable will make the dull cabbage more appetizing and brighter. Before serving, the finished product can be poured with oil and sprinkled with herbs.
Cauliflower with bell pepper
A real color and flavor extravaganza can be obtained by combining cauliflower with carrots, bell peppers and hot peppers. Vegetables in one jar complement each other and "share" the flavors, resulting in a very tasty Cauliflower pickled cabbage for the winter.
It is better to marinate cauliflower in liter jars, it is this amount of pickling that will be quickly eaten and will not lie on the shelf of the refrigerator. To make 3-liter jars of pickles, you will need 2 kg of cabbage inflorescences, 200 g of carrots and 2 bell peppers. It will be great if the peppers are colored green and red. It is recommended to add hot chili peppers 1 pc. into each liter jar. The number of bay leaves also depends on the number of cans (1-2 leaves in one container).
For 3 liters of workpiece, provided that it is densely filled, 1.5 liters of water will be needed. In such an amount of liquid, it is necessary to add 6 tbsp. salt and sugar. Table vinegar is added to the ready-made marinade in the amount of 75 ml.
Cooking winter blanks will take a little over an hour. Most of the time will be spent on cleaning and chopping vegetables. The stages of cooking can be described as follows:
- Boil pieces of cabbage (inflorescences) in slightly salted water for 3-5 minutes.
- After cooking, drain the water, cool the cabbage.
- Free the peppers from the stalk, seeds, partitions. Cut vegetables into wedges.
- Wash carrots, peel, cut into rings.
- Boil water with sugar and salt for 5 minutes. Turn off the gas and add vinegar to the marinade.
- Put laurel leaves in jars, then cabbage, peppers and carrots.
- Pour the hot marinade into jars. Preserve containers.
Cauliflower with carrots and peppers will decorate any table, make meat and fish dishes even tastier, and complement any side dish. A variety of vegetables will allow every gourmet to find their favorite delicacy in one jar.
Cauliflower with garlic
Garlic can add flavor to any dish. It is often added to pickles, including pickled cauliflower. In addition to garlic and cabbage, the recipe includes bell peppers and carrots, as well as a wide variety of spices. The listed vegetables can be used in equal proportions or give priority to cabbage inflorescences, only supplementing the main product with other vegetables.
The composition of the salting must necessarily include allspice and black peppercorns, as well as salt, sugar and vinegar essence. It is also recommended to add a universal seasoning to the marinade, which is likely to be found in every kitchen.
The exact proportions of all the ingredients in the recipe are not indicated, since the culinary specialist can independently regulate the amount of certain seasonings and vegetables. It is only important to observe the proportions of salt, sugar and vinegar in the preparation of the marinade. The ratio of these ingredients per liter of water is indicated in the following preparation instructions:
- Rinse the cabbage thoroughly and divide into small inflorescences.
- Peel the carrots and cut into thin cubes, rings.
- Cut the washed peppers in half, peel them of grains, partitions. Grind the peppers into thin strips.
- Cut the peeled garlic heads into thin slices.
- Put all chopped vegetables in layers in a jar. The sequence of layers depends on the idea of the culinary specialist.
- Boil clean water and pour it over the vegetables in a jar. Cover containers with lids and stand for 15-20 minutes.
- Pour the water from the cans back into the pan and add the necessary spices, sugar, salt (without essence). Boil the marinade for 15 minutes. Pour hot liquid into jars.
- Add the essence to the jars before stopping.
- Preserve the salting and keep in a blanket until it cools completely.
Important! The amount of essence depends on the volume of the can. So, only 1 hour of this acid needs to be added to a liter jar.
The secret of this recipe lies in the variety of ingredients. Cabbage, peppers and carrots are combined with spices to create a nice, tasty snack for every meal.
Recipe for professionals
From the simplest recipe, we have come to, perhaps, the most difficult option for pickling cauliflower. This salting is very tasty and aromatic. Stores well all winter and goes well with any dishes on the table. Relatives, loved ones and guests in the house will surely appreciate the efforts and efforts of the owner invested in the preparation of this pickled delicacy.
To prepare winter harvesting, you will need a varied set of products: for 3 kg of cabbage, you should take 3 carrots and the same amount of Bulgarian peppers. Garlic and onion are included in the recipe in large quantities (250-300 g of each ingredient). The greens will make the pickling beautiful, bright and at the same time fragrant and crunchy. So, dill, horseradish leaves, currants, cherries, 6 bay leaves and the same amount of clove grains, black peppercorns should add an additional spicy flavor to the cabbage.
The marinade will contain a standard set of products. For 1.5 liters of water, you will need to add 60 g of granulated sugar, 1.5 tbsp. vinegar and a third of a glass of salt. It is this combination of natural preservatives that will preserve the cabbage inflorescences throughout the winter.
Pickled cauliflower is relatively easy to prepare:
- Peel and chop all vegetables except cabbage. Divide the heads of cabbage into inflorescences.
- Put spices and chopped vegetables (excluding cabbage) on the bottom of the jar. Tamp the inflorescences tightly from above.
- Boil the marinade for 6-7 minutes and pour over the vegetables.
- Close the jars tightly and place them upside down under a cotton blanket.
- Put the cooled cans in the cold.
The recipe allows you to prepare for the winter not only a variety of vegetables in one jar, but also a delicious pickle, which can even be very useful after a noisy feast.
Another recipe for pickling vegetables and herbs with cauliflower can be seen on the video:
The video shows in detail the whole process of preparing winter pickling, which will help a novice housewife to cope with a difficult culinary task.
Oh, these recipes! There are a huge number of them and still every housewife tries to bring something new, special to the composition of the product, something that can really please all household members. In the article, we tried to give only a few basic recipes, which can, if desired, be supplemented or deprived of one or another component. But it is worth remembering that when changing the recipe, it is important to preserve the concentration of salt, sugar and vinegar, since it is these ingredients that will protect the winter preparation from souring, fermentation and spoilage.