We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Large-spore champignon is an edible representative that grows in fields, pastures and meadows. The mushroom has distinctive features: a large snow-white cap and a dense leg with flaky scales. Since the species has inedible cousins, you need to carefully read the external characteristics, view photos and videos.
What does large-spore champignon look like?
Large-fruited champignon reaches a diameter of 25 cm, and in regions with a warm climate there are specimens up to 50 cm in size. The cap of young representatives is convex, as it grows, it cracks into scales or wide plates. The surface is velvety, painted in a snow-white color.
The lower layer is formed by free, often located whitish plates. As it grows, the color changes to brown. At a young age, the spore layer is covered with a dense film, which eventually breaks through and partially descends to the leg. Reproduction occurs by elongated spores, which are located in chocolate-coffee powder.
The short but thick stem is spindle-shaped. The surface is covered with white skin and numerous scales. The pulp is dense, light, with an almond odor; with mechanical damage, it slowly turns light red. In ripe specimens, the pulp exudes a pungent smell of ammonia, so only young specimens are used in cooking.
Edible representative with delicious pulp and almond flavor
Where does large-spore champignon grow?
Large-spore champignon is widespread everywhere. It can be found in meadows, pastures, fields, within the city. Prefers calcareous soil and open, sunny places. Fruiting in small families throughout the warm period.
Is it possible to eat large-spore champignon
Since this representative of the mushroom kingdom has an unforgettable taste, it is widely used in cooking. Before cooking, remove the skin from the cap, and peel off the scales from the leg. Further, the mushroom can be used to prepare various culinary dishes. But since the large-spore champignon has inedible counterparts, before cooking, in order not to get food poisoning, you need to make sure that the species is authentic.
The large-spore champignon, like any forest inhabitant, has similar twins. These include:
- Flatloop is an inedible specimen, but some sources place it in the poisonous category. It can be recognized by a small, convex cap covered with gray-brown scales. With age, it straightens and becomes covered with small cracks. Dense, thickened fibrous stem, with a rather large dense skirt. They grow in mixed forests, also found within the city and in garden plots. Mushrooms grow in large families, forming a witch circle. Fruiting during the entire warm period. Since the mushroom is toxic and causes food poisoning, it is necessary to carefully study the external characteristics and pass by when meeting with it.
Causes food poisoning when eaten
- Meadow or ordinary - edible forest dweller with tasty and aromatic pulp. A spherical cap, 15 cm in diameter, becomes convex-prostrate as it grows. In the center, the surface is covered with dark scales, along the edges it remains snow-white. Cylindrical stem, dense, even, light colored. Closer to the base, the color becomes brown or red. The leg is surrounded by a thin ring, which disappears as the mushroom matures. Fruiting occurs from May to October. They prefer open areas and fertile soil. They are found in meadows, fields, orchards and vegetable gardens.
Only young specimens are used in cooking.
Collection rules and use
Large-spore champignon can be harvested throughout the summer. When found, it is carefully twisted out of the ground, and the place of growth is covered with earth or foliage. Only young specimens are suitable for collection, in which the lamellar layer is covered with a film, and the flesh has a snow-white color. Overripe, damaged mushrooms are not used in cooking, since such a mushroom is considered toxic and can cause mild poisoning.
Important! Champignon is a delicate perishable product, with frequent shifting, its cap crumbles, and the color becomes dirty gray. Experts recommend not to eat such specimens.
The large-spore champignon has a very tasty, aromatic pulp. After preliminary preparation, the harvested crop is fried, stewed, canned, and delicious soup-puree and sauces are obtained from it. Also, mushrooms can be prepared for future use: they are frozen and dried. Store dried mushrooms in linen or paper bags, in a dark, dry place. The shelf life should not exceed 12 months.
Since mushroom dishes are considered heavy food, they are not recommended to be consumed:
- children under 7 years old;
- pregnant women;
- people with stomach and intestinal diseases;
- 2 hours before bedtime.
Large-spore champignon is an edible forest inhabitant. It makes delicious and aromatic soups, stews and side dishes. This species has an inedible counterpart, therefore, in order not to harm your body, you must carefully read the external description and view the photo before mushroom hunting. If there is a grain of doubt, then it is better to pass by the found specimen.