We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Almost everyone loves sauerkraut. But the process of maturation of this workpiece lasts several days. And sometimes you want to try a delicious sweet and sour preparation immediately, well, at least the next day. In this case, the housewives are helped out by a simple recipe for pickled cabbage with beets.
Why with beets? If we leave aside the undeniable benefits of both one and the other vegetable, which is known to everyone, then we will talk about the gustatory and aesthetic component. Amazing pink color and amazing taste - this is the hallmark of the dish made from pickled cabbage with beets. There are recipes for daily cabbage, which you can try after 24 hours. According to other recipes, they prepare a tasty preparation for the winter, which can last all the long winter months. The main difference between this dish and others is the way cabbage heads are cut.
Features of the preparation of products for pickling
- heads of cabbage are suitable for this harvest only dense, loose cabbage will simply fall apart when cutting;
- it is better to choose its late varieties for making pickled cabbage - they are suitable not only for pickling, but also good in pickled form;
- cut this vegetable into large pieces or squares with a side of at least 3 cm, so the cabbage will remain crispy even after pouring it with hot marinade;
- carrots and beets, which are necessarily used for pickling, are usually put in a vegetable mixture raw;
- cut these vegetables into rings or strips;
- often when pickling garlic is used - whole cloves or halves;
- for lovers of spicy dishes, hot pepper pods are added to pickled cabbage, which can be cut into rings or horizontally. For lovers of a burning taste, you can also leave seeds.
- cabbage, marinated with beets, cannot do without a marinade, in which, in addition to vinegar, sugar, salt, it is good to add a variety of favorite spices: lavrushka, cloves, peppercorns;
- in some recipes, pickled cabbage is not complete without greens, which give it a special spicy taste. They usually do not cut the greens, but put the washed leaves whole, slightly wrinkling them with their hands;
- there are recipes for pickling with the addition of horseradish, which is rubbed on a coarse grater or apples, they are cut into slices or halves, if they are medium-sized.
We figured out how to prepare vegetables. Now you need to understand how to pickle cabbage with beets. The following recipes will help us with this.
Pickled cabbage with beets and horseradish
For one medium cabbage head you will need:
- 2-3 beets of a dark color and medium size;
- a piece of horseradish root weighing about 25 g;
- litere of water;
- h. spoon of vinegar essence;
- 1.5 tbsp. tablespoons of salt;
- 5-6 st. tablespoons of sugar;
- 3 cloves buds, 2 allspice peas.
Pieces of cabbage for this dish should not be very large, enough squares with a side of 3 cm, you can even chop it into large strips. Raw beets are cut into strips or tinder on any coarse grater. The horseradish root is cut into pieces.
You will need sterilized dishes for marinating, so take care of this in advance. Put cabbage slices half the height in each jar. We tamp well.
Advice! To reduce the loss of vitamins, it is better to use a wooden crush.
We sandwich the blank with beets, lay out the rest of the cabbage and cover with beets. Place horseradish on top of it. We prepare the brine from water in which sugar and salt are dissolved and seasonings are added. You need to boil it for about 5 minutes, add the essence and immediately pour the jars of vegetables.
Pour in carefully so that the glassware does not burst.
Now shake each jar well to remove the bubbles from the marinade. Now it will completely occupy the entire volume of the can.
Attention! If the marinade level in the jars drops, you need to top it up.
We close the cans with lids. After 48 hours, we take out the blank for the winter in the cold.
Cabbage marinated with beets and apples
Cabbage marinated with beets can be prepared according to another recipe. Adding apples and garlic changes its taste, makes it special.
For an average cabbage head, weighing about 1.5 kg, you will need:
- litere of water;
- a glass of sugar;
- ¾ cups of 9% vinegar;
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of salt;
- head of garlic;
- 3-4 apples and beets;
- 4 bay leaves and a dozen black peppercorns.
We cut cabbage into rather large pieces, apples into slices, and raw beets into slices.
The garlic is easy enough to peel. We will marinate the workpiece for the winter in 3-liter jars, which must be sterilized first. Put garlic, spices on their bottom, then beets, apples, and cabbage on them, pour vinegar into a jar and fill the blank with boiling brine made from salt, water, sugar. We keep closed jars in the cold for 2-3 days. This is how instant cabbage is prepared.
Korean pickled cabbage with beets
Spicy lovers can cook Korean-style pickled cabbage with beets. You can marinate it with hot peppers and onions.
For one cabbage head you need:
- 2 dark beets;
- head of garlic;
- hot pepper pod;
- litere of water;
- ½ cup sugar and the same amount of vegetable oil;
- 50 ml of 9% vinegar;
- a couple of tablespoons of salt and the same amount of bay leaves;
- 6 peas of black pepper.
Stir in a bowl chopped cabbage, grated beets on a Korean grater, onion chopped into half rings, garlic chopped into slices. Add hot peppers, cut into rings. We prepare the marinade from all the ingredients.
Attention! Vinegar must be added to it just before pouring.
Boil it for 5 minutes and pour in the cooked vegetables, after adding vinegar. We keep the appetizer warm for 8 hours, and then the same amount in the cold. Enjoy your meal!
Cabbage marinated with beets for the winter
This recipe is intended to be prepared for the winter. Canned cabbage without sterilization will keep well for a long time due to the addition of garlic and hot pepper. You just need to store it in a cool place.
- a couple of kilograms of late cabbage;
- 4 small beets;
- 3 medium carrots;
- 2 heads of garlic.
Marinade for 1 liter of water:
- 40-50 g of salt;
- 150 g sugar;
- a couple of tablespoons of vegetable oil;
- 150 ml of 9% vinegar;
- a teaspoon of black and allspice peppercorns.
We cut the cabbage head into large checkers. Cut carrots and beets into circles or cubes. Cut the garlic cloves in half, and the hot pepper into rings. We put vegetables in sterile jars. The bottom and top layers are beets. Between them are cabbage, carrots, garlic and hot peppers.
Advice! For those for whom spicy dishes are contraindicated, hot peppers can not be put in the preparation.
Pour vegetables with hot marinade. For him we boil water with salt, spices, sugar. Let the marinade cool slightly, add vinegar and pour into jars. Pour a spoonful of vegetable oil into each one, let it marinate in the room for a couple of days and put it in the cold.
Beautiful, aromatic cabbage of amazing color and amazing taste will help out on weekdays and holidays, will become a side dish for meat, an excellent snack and a storehouse of vitamins and nutrients.