Cherry on cognac is a drink with beneficial properties. The berry from which it is prepared contains vitamins necessary for the body. In moderation, the tincture improves appetite and stabilizes blood pressure. And if you do it yourself, you can be sure that there are no chemical additives in the drink. The ideal option is homemade cherries on cognac made from fruits grown on our own plot and not treated with chemicals for transportation and storage.
Secrets of making cherry liqueur on cognac
The main secret of an excellent drink is the quality of the ingredients. The berries must be ripe, not spoiled, not rotten. They give the infusion a rich taste. Another important detail is the alcohol base. It gives the drink a pleasant aroma and astringency.
Rules for choosing and using cherries:
- For tincture, not only fresh, but also frozen, dried, dried fruits are suitable.
- It is necessary to remove the bones from them in advance.
- It is preferable to take sweet varieties so that you do not have to add a lot of sugar.
- The frozen fruits are thawed, the juice is drained.
- Dry in the sun or in the oven until excess moisture evaporates.
- When preparing the tincture, dried berries are taken half as much as indicated in the recipes.
The choice of an alcoholic base also has its own secrets:
- It may be inexpensive, but real. It is permissible to take a distillate of your own preparation, aged in a barrel.
- It is better to refuse alcohol with various additives or aftertaste of burnt sugar, prunes, they spoil the bouquet of the future drink.
Advice! It is recommended to prepare drinks in glass or wooden containers. Metal and plastic utensils are subject to oxidation.
How many degrees do cherries on cognac
Strength depends on the quality of the alcoholic base and the strength of the fermentation. On average, this figure ranges from 20 to 30 degrees. It is not recommended to make the drink too strong, its taste should be soft.
The classic recipe for cherry tincture on cognac
The traditional recipe is considered one of the best. It requires a minimum of ingredients:
- 500 g cherries;
- 400 ml of brandy;
- 100 g of sugar.
Before cooking, the berries must be sorted
- Wash the fruits.
- Pierce each berry several times with a toothpick. The bones can be left.
- Get a clean glass container, such as a jar. Pour cherries into it.
- Add the indicated amount of brandy and sugar.
- Seal the jar with a vacuum lid and evacuate the air. Change the cover to nylon or metal. Roll up the last one.
- Place the filling in a dark, cool room.
- Shake the container every few days.
- The tincture is ready in 2 months.
Important! The drink must be consumed within 10-12 months. After this time, poisonous substances dangerous to the body will begin to penetrate from the seeds into the tincture.
Recipe for cherries on cognac with the addition of leaves
Leaves can be added to the tincture to enhance the cherry flavor. In addition to them, the following ingredients are required:
- 50 berries;
- 200 leaves;
- 1 liter of brandy;
- 1 liter of water;
- 1.5 kg of sugar;
- 1.5 tsp citric acid.
Leaves must be sorted out and washed
- Remove seeds from fruits, rinse.
- Put them in a saucepan, add the leaves, cover everything with water and put on low heat. Leave on for 15-20 minutes.
- Strain the broth.
- Add citric acid, sugar, alcohol.
- Pour the drink into a glass container. Place a few cherry leaves inside. Cork thoroughly.
- Insist 2-3 weeks.
Cherry cognac from frozen berries
If the season for picking fresh berries has passed, you can take a frozen product for cherry cognac. For cooking you will need:
- 1 kg frozen cherries;
- 1 liter of brandy;
- 150 g sugar;
- spices - cinnamon, cloves, ginger.
You can take any spices, to your taste
- Defrost the fruits, let the juice drain.
- Pour into a glass container.
- Take 500 ml of brandy, pour over the fruits and close tightly.
- Insist in a cool place for 30 days.
- Filter the tincture, add sugar, spices and 500 ml of alcohol base. Mix.
- Place the container in the refrigerator. The drink is ready when it is completely clear.
Advice! You can filter the tincture with gauze rolled in several layers or cotton wool.
Homemade cherry brandy on dried cherries
To give the tincture a pleasant noble taste, it is good to use dried fruits. To do this, they can be laid out in a sunlit place or using an oven. It is heated to a temperature of 60-80 ° C. Then a drink is prepared with the following amount of ingredients:
- 1 kg of berries;
- 500 g sugar;
- 700 ml of cognac.
The fruits are kept in the oven for 3-5 hours
- All ingredients are mixed in one container, tightly closed.
- It is kept in a dark place at room temperature for a month. Shake the contents thoroughly every few days.
- Then it is filtered through cheesecloth and poured into bottles. Placed for storage in a basement or refrigerator.
How to make cherries on cognac from baked berries
The drink is infused for a week. And if you have patience and hold it longer, you can be sure that you will get a richer, thicker taste.
Ingredients per liter:
- 1 kg of cherries;
- a glass of sugar;
- 500 ml of brandy.
The first tasting can be carried out after 7 days
Step by step cooking:
- Put the washed fruits on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes. Then cool.
- Take a wide-necked bottle or can, pour in alcohol. Add sugar, shake to mix.
- When the sugar is completely dissolved, pour the berries into the sweetened cognac. Leave the container in a cool dry place. It must be protected from sunlight so that the drink does not lose its unique shade.
- You can taste it in a week.
Cherry tincture on cognac with orange peel
For cooking, you can take both fresh and frozen fruits. Cherries are infused for 2 weeks.
For one liter you will need:
- 300 g of berries;
- 300 g sugar;
- 400 ml of brandy;
- slice of lemon;
- 1 teaspoon orange peel.
This drink is a good ingredient for cocktails.
- Rinse fresh berries. Defrost the frozen ones beforehand. Leave the juice.
- Pour cherries into a jar. Add sugar (brown can be used).
- Put one lemon slice there, then an orange zest. It is better to take fresh, oils are preserved in it.
- Close the container, leave in a dark, warm place.
- After a day, add the alcohol base to the jar, mix everything.
- Insist again for 2-4 weeks.
- Then open the container, pour the drink into another container, strain the remaining contents through a double layer of gauze.
The berries can be kept as a snack and the drink can be tasted.
How to infuse cherries on spiced cognac
For lovers of spicy notes, a recipe with aromatic spices is the best fit. You can take any to your taste, for example, cinnamon or cloves. In addition to spices, you will need:
- 750 g cherries;
- 150 g sugar;
- 700 ml of cognac.
After adding sugar, shake the drink thoroughly.
- Pierce the washed fruits with a toothpick.
- Take a glass jar, put the cherries in it.
- Pour 500 ml of brandy. It should completely cover the berries.
- Insist for a month in a cool room, protected from sunlight.
- Then pass the liquid through the filter.
- Pour in the remaining alcohol.
- Add sugar, some spices and mix well to dissolve.
- Keep the tincture in the refrigerator until clarified.
Cherries on cognac are considered an excellent aperitif. It is recommended to consume it before meals. It improves appetite and has a positive effect on digestion. After a meal, it can be combined with desserts, fruits. It is better to serve chilled.
Advice! Homemade cherry brandy can be used as an ingredient in various cocktails. It is mixed with wine or rum.
Despite the great taste and benefits for digestion, you need to drink the tincture in moderation - no more than 50 ml per day, in order to prevent the body from getting used to alcohol.
Children, pregnant women, people with chronic diseases should not use the tincture.
Cherries on cognac are the perfect flavor combination. On its basis, you can create aromatic drinks with a soft, velvety taste. Some housewives prepare such delicious homemade liqueurs that they can fully compete with many companies that produce alcohol on an industrial scale.