We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Previously, vegetables were salted in barrels. Today, housewives prefer buckets or pans. The reason is the lack of cellars. If there are still cellars left, then there is only a refrigerator in a city apartment. And you can't put a barrel in it.
Ideal - a bucket with a volume of 10 or 5 liters. You can take enamel or plastic, intended for food. If you decide to pickle green tomatoes in a bucket according to the selected recipe, then first you need to prepare the container: rinse and steam. How to pickle tomatoes will be discussed in the article.
General principles of salting
Regardless of which tomatoes you are going to pickle (green or red), you need to adhere to some principles:
- To make salting for the winter tasty and aromatic, the use of greens is mandatory. As a rule, dill, parsley or celery are taken for one kilogram of fruit. A total of 30 grams. Mint (5 g), horseradish leaves (15 grams), hot pepper pods (3 pieces), garlic (15 g), cherry and currant leaves will not hurt.
- Since not every tomato can be pushed into a jar without deforming it, it is better to use buckets for salting. Vegetables of different technical ripeness - green and brown, salt in different containers.
- For pickling tomatoes for the winter at home, choose dense fruits without damage, cracks and rot.
- The flavor of the salted tomatoes will depend on how they are stacked. The tighter you put the tomatoes in the bucket, the better they will be salted.
Salted Tomato Recipes
You can salt green tomatoes for the winter according to different recipes. If done correctly, the result is a delicious snack.
For salting, you need to stock up on the following products:
- green tomatoes;
- chili peppers;
- black peppercorns;
Advice! Take salt without additives, because iodine "liquefies" the tomatoes.
And now about how to salt:
- After you have sorted out and soaked the green tomatoes in water, you need to dry them. You also need to wash the other ingredients.
- Cover the bottom of a clean bucket with tomatoes, dill and herbs. Then sprinkle with hot pepper circles and garlic cloves. Then the steps are repeated until the bucket is full. There should be 10-15 centimeters left in the bucket for the fermentation process.
- Fill the prepared green tomatoes with cold brine for the winter. It is made from water, sugar and salt. Take 30 grams of salt and 45 grams of granulated sugar per liter of water. If salting is done in a 10-liter bucket, then 5 liters of water will be required. That is, the liquid is half the volume of the bucket.
- If you want to get pickled tomatoes quickly, then fill them with hot brine (not boiling!). Green tomatoes will pickle faster if you make small cuts on them with a sharp knife.
- Cover the vegetables with a plate, put a jar of water and cover with a towel to prevent dust from getting in. We keep it warm for several days, then we put the bucket in a cool place. Determine the readiness of tomatoes by color: as soon as they change color, you can try.
To salt tomatoes according to the recipe below, you will need to prepare a large number of ingredients:
- 3 kg of green tomatoes;
- 60 grams of salt and 80 grams of sugar (for every liter of water);
- 5 leaves of horseradish;
- 15 cherry leaves;
- 10 leaves of black currant;
- dill with leaves and umbrellas - 3 branches;
- 100 grams of horseradish root;
- a small bunch of parsley, mint;
- 5 leaves of lavrushka;
- 3 green arrows of garlic;
- a small pod of hot pepper;
- 10 peas of red or pink pepper;
- 10 mustard seeds.
Cooking recipe step by step
We prepare containers and ingredients. We wash and dry them.
We distribute tomatoes, herbs and spices (hot peppers and garlic) into 3 parts, since we will lay them in layers. First, herbs with spices, then tightly on the "pillow" vegetables.
Attention! Before laying the tomatoes, pierce with a toothpick at the place where the stalk is attached.
Then add the mustard. This ingredient adds spice to vegetables, but, most importantly, protects the pickling from mold.
Fill the green tomatoes with clean (not from the tap) water, drain it and measure it. Pour into a clean saucepan and put on fire. In accordance with the amount of water, add salt and sugar, lavrushka, black and red peppercorns (if they are not available, do not worry), dill umbrellas. Bring the brine to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
For pouring (according to this salting recipe) green tomatoes, hot brine is needed. Since we drained the water from the bucket where the spices were, we send them from the brine back to the tomatoes. Don't worry if pickled green tomatoes are cooked in a plastic bucket. The vegetables will lower the temperature, the container will not have time to melt. The main thing is not to pour directly onto the edges of the bucket.
We cover the vegetables with a saucer, oppression on top. Make sure the brine is above the level of the tomatoes. After a day, foam forms in the bucket - a signal that fermentation has begun. At first, the brine will become cloudy, this is a natural reaction.
When fermentation stops, the liquid will lighten and the pickled tomatoes will shrink slightly.
We will move the bucket to a cool room, and after 30 days we will start treating our family and friends. Salted green tomatoes taste like a cask version. It is a great addition to potatoes or meat. Good appetite.
Option 3 - in Georgian
Fans of spicy dishes can use the following recipe for salting vegetables for the winter. The strong half of humanity especially likes green tomatoes in Georgian style.
Attention! Since this dish is native to Georgia, a lot of greens will be required.
So what components do we need:
- 2000 grams of green tomatoes;
- one or two heads of garlic;
- half a bunch of parsley, dill, basil, cilantro, celery;
- 2 chili peppers;
- 5 dill umbrellas;
- Several sprigs of parsley;
- Table salt without additives - 30 grams.
We will prepare the brine from a liter of water and 60 grams of salt.
The ingredients in the recipe are indicated for a three-liter bucket, and it is this that we will use to pickle green tomatoes for the winter.
How to salt green tomatoes in Georgian:
- Chop the prepared herbs, hot peppers, garlic finely, add a spoonful of salt and mix well. This will be the filling.
- We cut each tomato across, slightly push the flaps apart and fill them with a teaspoon of the fragrant mass.
- We spread the stuffed green tomatoes tightly to each other in a bucket, between them celery and dill umbrellas.
- We cook brine from water and salt. When it cools slightly, pour it into a bucket of green tomatoes for the winter.
If you have not calculated the amount of brine, add ordinary boiled water.
- We leave the bucket in the kitchen for 5 days, then put it away in a cool place. You can put the workpiece in jars and cover with nylon lids. You can store it in the refrigerator for up to 60 days. Although it is unlikely that green tomatoes salted according to this recipe will reach this time, because they can be tasted after two weeks.
Pickled green tomatoes are delicious too:
Whichever recipe for pickling green tomatoes in a bucket for the winter you use, the result is always excellent. The vegetables are aromatic and crispy. They taste like barrel tomatoes that were sold in stores in Soviet times.
Since no vinegar is used in pickling, and fermentation occurs naturally, the vegetables themselves and the pickle are healthy. They improve digestion and metabolism in the human body. Anyway, it is an excellent addition to meat, fish, poultry and even to ordinary boiled potatoes.