We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Poultry - a plant that was named for the color of flowers. In translation, the name means "bird's milk." In nature, there are about 130 species of this plant. They grow in the tropics and subtropics.
Plant height - up to 85 centimeters. In some species, leaves appear in the fall, and die in the summer. Bulbs are oblong-ovate with scales. Flowers are both slightly yellowish and white. They gather in corymbose or racemose inflorescences.
The poultry catcher boasts a variety of species. Depending on this, plants can be planted in a greenhouse or in open ground.
In May, it is customary to plant low species of plants - up to 20 centimeters:
- the umbrella poultry has umbrella-shaped inflorescences, while the diameter of the flowers is 2.5 cm;
- Voronov’s poultry catcher has thin and long pedicels;
- Schmalhausen poultry farmer - he has a height of less than 9 cm, but the diameter of the flowers is quite impressive - up to 3 cm;
- mountainous - leaves are wide (up to two centimeters);
- fringed - has a pubescent "arrow".
All of the above species bloom for two weeks.
Then you can plant such species, whose height is more than 50 cm.
Of these, the following stand out:
- yellowish poultry - different yellow flowers;
- Fisher - pedicels reach a length of 25 cm;
- large poultry cattle - leaves up to 4 cm, height - one and a half meters, long brushes - up to 40 cm, flowering long;
- Narbonne - has long flower brushes (30 cm), leaves of a bluish-green color;
- Pyrenees or Pontic - height up to 90 cm, brushes can reach a length of 50 cm.
It is worth noting that some of the species presented are poisonous. But some are absolutely safe, they can even be eaten.
- The tailed poultry calmly applies to watering, although it is recommended to regularly moisten the soil during the growth period. It feels great on any ground. But if there is not enough light, it will surely die.
- In summer, plants are taken out to the balcony. It is better to grow a poultry farmer on the site, since at home it does not form seeds.
- During plant growth, fertilizing with nitrogenous fertilizers should be carried out. After the bulbs and leaves have formed, you can feed the poultry farmer with fertilizers for flowering plants.
- The plant tolerates winter well. Shelter is not required. If you leave the poultry house in pots at home in winter, remove it from heat sources - batteries. Watering for the winter should be reduced. It is worthwhile to ensure that the soil does not dry out completely.
- Dead leaves must be carefully removed. If the leaf is not completely wilted, it is better not to touch it, this can harm the plant.
- During flowering and the formation of bolls, watering should be reduced.
- Spraying is not worth it, you can just wipe the leaves with a cloth.
- Thinning plants in open ground should be carried out every 4 years.
Flowering white birdhouse
Propagation of a plant can be done in two ways. The first - onions, the second - seeds. In the first case, the poultry grows in a year. In the second - only after 4 years.
Landing takes place in August-September. Planting a poultry farm is 15 cm apart. After a couple of years you will form a whole bush. The plant tends to grow rapidly, so it is worth periodically thinning it out.
Before planting, the seeds are stratified. Soil can be either closed or open. The soil can be either ordinary or mixed with sand.
recommends that you familiarize yourself with the above process in more detail by reading the article “Stratification of seeds: when is it needed and what is its methodology.”
It is better to plant a tailed broiler in a sunny place, but if this is not possible, partial shade will do.
Landscaping and poultry houses
The tailed breeder is an almost universal option for landscape design.
It is used:
- on the alpine slides;
- in the foreground in mixborders and flowerbeds;
- in rocky gardens;
- near garden paths.
Also, the plant can be planted in front of any shrubs and plants. The thing is that it blooms even before the leaves of the crown blossom.
Poultry farmers go well with:
- dwarf irises;
Diseases and Pests
The poultry is poisonous, which is why it is rarely infected with any disease.
- Sometimes a plant suffers from an onion rattle or an onion tick.
- If pests have appeared, you should treat with insecticides.
- It sometimes happens that the poultry can be affected by diseases such as the gall nematode and viral mosaic. In this case, the plant will have to be destroyed completely.
Fortunately, the diseases presented are very, very rare.
Poultry is a fairly unpretentious plant with beautiful white flowers. Caring for it is simple - it is important that there is enough light and water.
Planting is best done with bulbs, every 4 years the plant needs to be thinned out.
Moulder is a universal plant for landscape design. It looks great on an alpine hill, and near the tracks, and in the foreground in front of decorative shrubs and trees.