We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Perfection of form is one of the main characteristics of true beauty. This statement is also true in the issue of designing the site. The standard form of shrubs is gaining more and more popularity: there probably is not a gardener today who would not want to see this innovation on his site.
Judge for yourself - an elegant, full of triumph and natural elegance plant with a rounded shape on a thin leg. Such beauty will delight the eye and the owner of the site, and its guests. Four rules for the creation of standard plants and their care - hereinafter.
Rule 1. With or without vaccination - we listen to experienced gardeners
The process of forming a standard plant is a rather laborious process. As a rule, a gardener will need five years to achieve the desired result. How to do this with vaccination?
The algorithm is not so complicated:
- The first step is to cultivate the stem, meaning the stem of the tree itself. This can be either a native column, or taken from a taller plant.
- Two years later, the desired plant can be grafted onto this column. Often creeping shrubs are grafted onto the stamb - unusual, beautiful weeping forms are obtained.
Vaccination on a strain-forming agent is an interesting and uncomplicated method. The trees obtained as a result of this method will decorate any garden, will be beautiful and healthy.
The sun will fall better on the crown, and good lighting, as you know, is the prevention of many plant diseases.
However, you can do without vaccination. In this case, the correct forming trim will help out. We grow the stem again, after choosing one central shoot (you can also have two, of course, and even three braided). Excess branches will be regularly trimmed regularly. This is done more than once a year, and not just one will form the desired standard for us. If necessary, the rod is tied to a support. The crown is formed with the help of forceps. This means that the tops of the shoots are nipped.
Some gardeners form a standard plant from an existing adult bush. The method is simple - all excess is cut off. But you need to do this if you are not at all sorry for the bush, because the first experience may not be so successful. Pretty interesting is this tree.
Rule number 2. The most suitable for the formation of standard plants
With a simple pruning, you can get a standard plant from:
- Maple tree
- Pine trees
- Bird cherries
- Yew berry
- Mountain ash
- Privet ordinary
Of course, you can experiment with plants, but these examples will certainly be successful. The formation of such boles begins during a period of rapid growth of young seedlings. During the growing season, lateral shoots are plucked. Experts claim that the best standard plants are formed from trees / shrubs grown from seeds.
Spiral shape of the stem
Rule number 3. We do everything sequentially
- When growing a seedling, see that the trunk of the plant is strictly vertical, so that it does not have the so-called ringlets and bends.
- If the shoot deviates from the vertical, tie it to a peg. Be sure to remove the side shoots. You can also pinch them after the third sheet, followed by removal after a year.
- In three to four years, a stump will grow in height of one and a half to two meters from seeds. For a year, or even two, a standard of young seedlings will grow earlier.
- After mid-April, vaccination is best. For this, a stalk with 3-4 kidneys is taken. After four weeks (or maybe three) the kidneys will appear on the vaccine that has taken root. By fall, they will already become annual growth.
- Next spring, you will need to cut them into several buds in order to branch better. Subsequent care will be the same as for ordinary seedlings.
Consider the second season from the vaccination - at this time you will receive an already formed standard seedling.
Rule number 4. Follow the fashion - more miniature boles on the site
Miniature mushrooms are a trend in gardening. But all their beauty will only be emphasized by the correctly chosen undergrowth. His task is to hide the soil near the legs. The undergrowth looks exquisitely repeating the color of the leaves or flowers of the standard plant itself. If he echoes the form of leaves or inflorescences, there will be an amazing result. A magnificent decoration of the garden will be this beauty.
The role of undergrowth can also be performed by decorative mulch. For example, crumbs, pebbles, gravel.
So, to get an elegant standard plant - a real decoration of the site, you need:
- Choose a young plant with a central direct shoot, remove all the running shoots, attach the trunk (stamb) to the support;
- The shoots need to be trimmed until the tree has grown enough, and its trunk is not thick enough;
- The top of the shoot needs to be cut only when the desired height of the tree is reached;
- We form the crown gradually: every three to six weeks the shoots are shortened, because of this new branches will grow. So it turns out gradually spherical crown.