We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The block house (imitation of logs) is an original version of a thin covering board, lining. In fact, these are panels, the front sides of which are semicircular, and the back ones are even. The panels are interconnected by means of a tongue-and-groove connection. Covering the block house in external effect resembles a log cabin. Use this material for both indoor and outdoor decoration. And, of course, like any other material, it is imperfect and, along with advantages, also has drawbacks. Both of these are for the most part determined by the material from which the panels are made.
Area of use
The block house is extremely simple to install, and it is used to finish almost any surface: timber, brick, foam block, concrete. The scope is quite wide, it is not only the decoration of facades. It looks great in the design of baths, verandas, arbors, as well as in the interior. Narrow panels with a slight bulge, which conceals a minimal amount of space from the room, are more suitable for interior decoration. Exterior finish is carried out with boards at least 15 cm wide.
The dimensional characteristics of the block house can be different, but most often the panels are 2.0-4.0 cm thick, 9.0-19.5 cm wide and 200-600 cm long.
The influence of the type of wood on the characteristics of the block house
The positive and negative aspects of using a block house for the most part are determined by the type of wood it was produced from, so you need to carefully approach the choice of material. This article will tell about the budget option of a country house.
Perform it from:
- hardwood arrays (oak, linden);
- coniferous tree (Arkhangelsk pine, cedar, Siberian larch, spruce);
Coniferous wood panels have a number of undeniable advantages: a significant resin content allows to increase waterproofing and prevents rotting, increases durability. The most highly valued material from Siberian larch, which is famous for its significant hardness, resistance to decay, moisture resistance. Spruce and pine block houses are the cheapest, but they have a fairly high strength due to the active allocation of resins. The cedar block house helps maintain a favorable indoor climate thanks to its ability to control humidity levels. It is very useful to find out where the material came from for sale. Northern wood is more dense, which affects its other characteristics.
- vinyl and metal.
The panels of this material, of course, have their own characteristics. For those who want to significantly save, this article will be interesting.
Advantages and disadvantages of a block house made of wood
You should not underestimate how to praise this material: the block house has both its strengths and weaknesses.
- Completely eco-friendly and natural material.
- The block house does not warp, it does not open deep cracks over time, since during the manufacturing process the wood is subjected to deep drying to 15% humidity. This distinguishes it from a massive log.
- Mechanical strength. It has a high ability to withstand external influences such as impacts, while maintaining integrity and integrity. If the damage still happened, then the appearance is easily subject to restoration by grinding and painting.
- Ease. This advantage causes a small load on the walls and foundation.
- The ability to withstand temperature changes.
- The sheathed facade of the house retains vapor permeability. Excess moisture can go not only through the seams, but also directly through the wood. In such a room it will always be easy to breathe.
- Ease of installation. Sheathe a house can be quite high quality independently and in a short time.
- Relatively low cost. The block house is much cheaper than a rounded bar, and therefore they are even sheathed with outbuildings.
- Additional insulation and protection, which creates a lining, from various effects of the atmosphere and noise.
- For interior decoration, BH maintains an optimum level of humidity in the room.
- Aesthetics. It is possible to turn even a typical building facade with the help of a block house into a fabulous and colorful.
- Coniferous aroma enveloping the house.
- In order to ensure a good service life, a block house must be painted and coated with protective coatings (varnishes, mastics, stains, antiseptics) from time to time.
- Low vapor permeability. There are conditions under which condensation can collect under the casing (for example, when a cured room is blown through).
- The cost of a block house made of wood is higher than that made of other materials.
- High probability of damage to panels with careless and inept installation.
- Low moisture resistance.
Block house made of metal
Metal siding is made of galvanized steel and fastened using mounting plates. A polymer coating is applied to its front side, which imitates the texture of a tree.
- Durability (several decades).
- High resistance to adverse effects and temperature extremes.
- No need for additional processing.
- Corrosion Resistance
- In hot weather, the effect of the "steam room" is created in the house.
- Not as spectacular as wood.
- Additional items required during assembly.
Vinyl block house
Vinyl block house
Vinyl siding for a log is recommended to be used for the most part for interior decoration. It is lighter and cheaper than metal.
It is made of polymers, and the surface is covered with a film that mimics the wood texture.
- A significant variety of colors.
- No additional processing needed.
- It is not subject to decay, corrosion, damage by a fungus and insects.
- Non-toxic, environmentally friendly.
- Pretty sensitive to temperature extremes.
- The appearance is dull compared to the wooden block house.
- The need for installation must leave gaps and not fasten the panels rigidly.
There are many reasons why you can decide to use a block house in decorating your home. It is also reliability, which is combined with ease of use. And, of course, value for money. A house built of bars and a house well finished with a block house do not visually differ in quality. The block house is durable, environmentally friendly, looks neat and presentable. Carefully consider the choice of material and the quality of the installation of the block house, and this type of finish will meet your expectations. We recommend reading an article on how to quickly and profitably sell a summer house.